Please Pray

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

David and I would like to ask you to join us in praying for Kirk and Natalie Maxey and their family. We met this sweet couple years ago at our former church. Five years ago, they lost their daughter Madeline to cancer when she was just over a year old. They are now encountering the same horrific situation with their daughter Annette, who is 10 months old.

Sitting through Maddy's funeral was one of the most difficult hours of my life. I remember staring at that tiny casket, doubting and questioning God while listening to Natalie and Kirk praise His sovereignty. It broke me then, but now that we have Audrey in our lives, it rips my heart out on a whole new level. They are amazing, strong people, to say the least.

Please pray for them, their three year old son Grant, and their extended family. You can read more of their story at http://www.maxeyweb.com/

Thank you, Jesus, for our healthy daughter, nephew, and niece. May we never forget or take for granted what a blessing that is.

1 comment:

  1. I will NEVER forget Maddy's funeral either. I pray for these Kirk and Natalie and can't fathom what they are going through. I pray for Grant as well. It's got to be hard on him with what is going on.

    ReplyDelete