Thankful Thursday

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm baaaaack! Our internet and cable television went out last Wednesday and just got fixed on Tuesday. I apologize to those of you who have been in despair over my absence. I know you've just been pining for updates! :)

We had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed time with some sweet friends on Saturday. On Sunday we went for a long walk, came home, went back out to run errands and buy me some new tennis shoes, came home, and then went out to dinner. This week has been good so far, too. Audrey seemed to have a bit of a growth spurt during the early part of it and wanted to eat around the clock (hence all the coming home on Sunday.) Things have slowed down a little, though, so we're settling back into more of a routine...or as much of one as you can have with a two month old!

I wish I could say that a week without internet and cable has made me a better person. I would love to say that it made us realize that we don't need these modern technologies in our lives and that it required us to find other ways to pass what tiny amounts of free time we have. Sure, I want to report that we sat around and read thick, smart books and engaged in deep, meaningful conversations about them. Alas, we did not. It just made us realize that whatever we pay for these amenities is well worth it. It's just plain dangerous to take Facebook away from a stay-at-home mom who is already pretty cut off from the outside world.

So, I bet you can already guess some of this week's Thankful Thursday list! Read on anyway and check back soon for Audrey's 2 month perspective pics and a longer post that I hope to finish shortly!

1. Audrey's Two Month "Birthday!" The greatest milestone she's achieved in the past month has been learning to smile on purpose. It is so unbelieveably precious, especially when she looks up at me and gives me a big grin in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning. She is doing great these days and we can't wait to get a good report from the doctor at her check-up next week.

2. The internet and high-speed access to it.

3. Cable television and all it's mind-numbing qualities.

4. The chocolate that David brought back for me from Germany. There were several kinds and I've loved each of them so far. I've been having just a little piece each day and they are so dang yummy! And no, I haven't been walking much this week. Oh well.

5. My friends at Wolf Camera. Yes, I still print pictures. Apparently quite frequently, too, because these people know me by name. I love it! I'm sure we'll be keeping their kids' college accounts well-funded for years to come.

Have a great day!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!