Thankful Thursday

Thursday, August 6, 2009

This post is going to be very brief...hopefully I'll be able to update more soon!

Here is this week's list:

1. A good report at my 6-week postpartum check-up. My doctor asked (again) if I was going to "let" him deliver the next one. I told him A) it's way too soon to talk about "the next one" and B) that was up to him and his schedule! I was HERE, YOU'RE the one that left, remember? But I do really like him and appreciate all he did to take care of us through the pregnancy. He's a great Christian guy and a wonderful doctor. So maybe that counts as two things I'm thankful for!

2. Audrey's recent nighttime sleep! On Tuesday night, she went six hours between feedings, meaning I got five consecutive hours of sleep. Last night she went six and half hours between feedings and I went to bed earlier, so I got SIX straight hours of sleep. I haven't gotten that many in a row since about my 6th month of pregnancy! I was almost tempted to just get up and start the day after I fed her and put her back down, but I resisted and went back to sleep for a couple of hours. Praise God for rest and let us hope it continues!

3. My in-laws! I'll expand on that later!

4. Lots of maternity clothes that I can no longer fit in! I started cleaning out my closet today while AJ was napping and, thankfully, there are a lot of things that are just too big and needed to be packed away. Darn. (We won't even talk about the maternity things that still fit that I'm keeping in there. I've decided as long as I don't drop her off at Kindergarten wearing them, then I'm good.)

5. Clothes that Audrey can no longer fit in. I did a little cleaning out of her closet too. Truly, it breaks my heart to see the pile that she has already outgrown, but I'm choosing to focus on the positive. That just means that she is a healthy, growing baby and I'm so very grateful for that!!!

I know I usually only list five things but I couldn't resist expressing my gratitude for this:


She started showing us her first "real" smiles this week and they are so incredibly precious!

I'll update more soon!!! Have a great rest of the week!

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous smile! And I love that cute little outfit. I remember putting up the tiny little newborn clothes and feeling a little sad too. Why didn't anyone tell me to cherish those moments? Why didn't anyone tell me they go by so fast?

    ReplyDelete