Thankful Thursday

Thursday, January 7, 2010

We've had a good week, but are definitely ready for warmer temperatures. Once Christmas is over, I have very little use for winter. I braved the chilly weather a couple of times to ward off cabin fever. I bundled AJ up so much that I probably should have been more concerned about heat stroke than frostbite! I think she was outdoors for a grand total of 46 seconds on Tuesday and maybe a minute and a half today as we ran indoors from the parking lot. We've got a long-overdue play date tomorrow, so hopefully "Blizzard 2010" won't force us to cancel.

Here is this week's list. In light of the cold weather, I think you'll detect a bit of a theme! :)

1. Lotion. With this cold weather and my constant hand washing, my skin is so dry that it's cracking! I bought some Aveeno Intense Relief hand cream today and am hoping it'll do the trick.

2. Flannel sheets. Soft. Cozy. Ahhhh. Now if only I could stay in them as long as I want.

3. Hot baths. And I mean turn-your-skin-red-and-get-out-sweating hot baths. A good book or magazine to go along with it is a must, bubbles are optional.

4. Fuzzy, comfy socks. I must have a million pairs, which is good, because somehow they all end up under the covers at the bottom of the bed and stay there until I change the sheets. Apparently my feet get a lot warmer once I've gone to sleep.

5. SNOW! Though it didn't last long, it was so beautiful and peaceful. Audrey stared out the window at it for a long time, which for a six month old translates to approximately three minutes. Maybe we'll get another chance later this season for something a little more substantial.

Stay warm!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!