Thankful Thursday

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm lying in bed about to go to sleep and I remembered that I hadn't written a Thankful Thursday post! Lucky for you, I'm just that dedicated, so here goes:

1. God's Word. In Bible Study, we're doing a Precept Study on the first half of the book of Daniel. A lot of it contains stories I've heard my whole life, but am just now taking the time to reexamine and dig into. The details (some not at all like I was taught growing up in Sunday School) are amazing and I love the new lessons I'm gaining as I look at it from an adult's perspective.

2. My big brother, B. His birthday is coming up on Sunday and it's a good time to express how thankful I am for him. We've definitely gotten closer over the years and especially so since we both had kids.

Though I know it's really difficult for you to imagine, I used to be the typical annoying little sister. I loved tagging along with him and my other older brother and am sure it used to drive them insane. One of my favorite memories of him, though, happened one time when he was babysitting me. We were all outside playing and a yellow jacket stung me. B rushed over, scooped me up, and carried me inside. After he scraped the stinger out, he dried my tears and put a band-aid on it for me. That was huge. And almost as memorable as the time Mom made him get out of the van and walk/skateboard the mile and a half home because he wouldn't stop making fun of me. ;) Love you, B. Happy Birthday!

3. Planning. I've got a couple of things in the works now and love the thrill I get from it. Audrey's first birthday, though still five months away, is creeping it's way to the top of my to-plan list. (That's different than a to-do list in case you were wondering. First you to-plan, then you plan/to-do, then you do. ) FUN!

4. Beautiful weather! Though today was rainy, we've had some gorgeous days and very warm temps this week. I enjoyed getting out and soaking it up with worrying about Audrey getting frostbite.

5. Etsy. If you haven't heard of it, it's an internet marketplace where you can buy and sell handmade items. There are a million things in a bunch of different categories. You can find some really neat stuff if you don't get overwhelmed searching! www.etsy.com

Shew! Now we can all sleep peacefully. Sweet dreams - about more updates and pics coming soon!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!