Weekend Review

Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm pretty sure it's time for a weekend review, at least. It's hard for me to remember what day it is because of David's insane work schedule lately. His office was closed Friday, but he still had to work Friday night. He worked all day Saturday, Sunday night until about 1am, and got up this morning to start another crazy week. Please continue to pray that it lets up soon. Playing single mommy is wearing on me, and the workload is burning him out. It's been a really tough few weeks and we're ready for some relief.

Griping aside, we had a good weekend. On Friday we gave Audrey her first baby food - sweet potatoes. "They" recommend vegetables first so the baby doesn't get a sweet tooth. Our pediatrician says this is really a bunch of bunk, because breast milk is sweet. We decided that sweet potatoes would be a happy middle ground. She ate three or four bites like a champ and then all of a sudden decided she didn't care for them much. I guess her taste buds took awhile to catch up! Her face displayed her disdain for them and we captured it all on video and in pics, which I'll get around to updating again one day.

On Saturday, I got it in my head that the Christmas stuff needed to come down immediately. I dread this part every year and ask myself why I need so many holiday decorations. Then when I'm pulling them out the next season and loving every minute of it, I remember. Anyway, with David at work, I climbed into the attic and hauled down all the empty boxes and began packing things away during Audrey's nap time. Having not slept well the night before and since I did an intense workout that morning, I was regretting my decision pretty badly by mid-afternoon. But, at that point, I was committed. (Or maybe I needed to be committed.) I got most of it finished and it's now sitting in our spare bedroom waiting to be put back in the attic. I'm crazy, but I'm not crazy enough to lift those heavy boxes back up without his help! Although, I bet if I threw my back out, he'd have to take off work...Hmmm...

Anyway, Sunday was a little bit of a break. David's parents came over and watched Audrey while we went out to lunch. Afterward, we ran to Wal-Mart. Now I need to confess that I had previously made a New Year's resolution to quit shopping at Wal-Mart. You're thinking "Wow. Way to take a stand against the evil empire that imports 80% of its stuff from China and contributes to the insane materialism of our country." That too. But selfishly, I just can't stand the headache. The money saved is rarely worth the hassle, long lines, poor customer service, and shady clientele. I frequently find that I become an angry and (more) impatient person there, and it's better to avoid it if possible. However, I have really been wanting a dumbbell weight rack and figured that short of driving across town to a sporting goods store, they were our only option. They had just what we were looking for. Dang you Wal-Mart and your stupid tendency to stock everything under the sun. Maybe I'll just try to limit my visitations to once every couple of months.

SO, we came home after a brief break and spent a couple of hours hanging out before David had to go back to work. That night, after Audrey went to bed, I watched Julie & Julia. It was a very cute movie that almost made me want to learn to cook. Almost. (Earlier in the week, I watched The Proposal. That's the one good thing about when David works late or is out of town - I get to catch up on my chick flicks! Although I do stay up way too late watching them.)

And that was our weekend. Hopefully we can spend all of this next one with David. Hope your new year is off to a good start! More updates (and hopefully some less boring and more insightful posts) soon!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!