Thankful Thursday

Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's been a wonderful week full of social activities and errands. On top of that, Bible Study started back today, which I'm so excited about. I always get a touch of the post-holiday blues, and with the weather being as miserably cold as it has been and David's long work hours, last week was extra rough. But, fortunately, this week has been much better. My calendar is filling up, the temperatures are rising (at least for now), and things are starting to let up at David's job. I gotta feelin'... (little Black Eye Peas for ya.)

With the busyness of the past few days, I haven't gotten a lot done around the house, so this post will be short and sweet so I can get to work!

1. Play dates. As every Mom knows, they're more for the grown-ups than the kids. AJ has very little interest in playing with other babies yet, but I so enjoy the adult interaction. It's great to get together with other moms and compare notes ("Oh! You mean your kid does that too?" or "Thank goodness yours doesn't do that yet either!")

2. Smores. David and I made some last weekend and I've shown quite a lack of self control towards them since then.

3. Lunch with family. On Wednesday Audrey and I met up with David, his parents, and his Great Aunt Joy (or Granny Joy as AJ will call her) for lunch and enjoyed watching them pass her around and love on her. It was nice to spend time together in the middle of the day in the middle of the week for no special reason. We also enjoyed savoring a hot meal while they took turns holding her!

4. Sassy Baby Food Organizer. Now that we've started Audrey on solids, I needed something to bring order to all of those tiny jars in my cabinet. I bought one for fruits and one for vegetables. And yes, for now, the jars are alphabetized. Yeah, I'm a dork. But I'm a happy dork!

5. Things FINALLY slowing down at David's job. He has made it home on time for two nights in a row this week. Please pray that it continues!

More later! Have a fantastic evening!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!