Thankful Thursday

Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm a little late, but I wanted to share what an awesome first Mother's Day I had.  I got to spend some time by myself on Saturday, which was very much needed.  (I enjoyed it so much, I think I'm going to instate a "day-off" each year on the day before Mother's Day.)  

On Saturday night, David's parents came over for dinner and spent some time hanging out.  On Sunday, David went out and got me an Einstein Brothers bagel and coffee for breakfast, which was delicious.  Then he Audrey gave me a sweet card, a gorgeous locket, and an "I love you Mom" mug.  We spent time relaxing together, went to the park, and ended the day with David grilling us hamburgers.  Perfection.

On another note, thank you for your thoughts and prayers about my grandmother.  She was discharged from the hospital on Tuesday and is settling in to a short-term rehab facility.  She is making good progress, so keep lifting her up!

In addition to a wonderful Mother's Day and my grandmother's recovery, here are a few other things I'm thankful for this week:

1.  Family.  I know they've made the list quite a few times, but they're just that awesome.  Both sides.  Whether it's binding together over a tough situation or helping each other out, our families show up when it counts.  I have no doubt that they'd show up with a kidney or bail money if I needed it and that means a lot. 

2.  Baby doll hugs.  David's mom taught Audrey to give her baby doll a hug and it is the cutest thing ever.  Sometimes the hugs are a little violent, but it's the thought that counts, right?

3.  David getting to play golf.  He got in a round with his grandfather one afternoon this week and I'm happy for him.  He enjoys it a lot, but rarely gets the chance to go these days.  It was a beautiful afternoon, and I'm glad he and his grandfather got to spend the time together.  It was also wonderful to see his grandparents soak up some time with AJ.  I'm sure it won't be long before they have her out there on the golf course with them.
4. Pizza Hut pepperoni pan pizza.  Yum-o.  Not so much on the diet plan, but it's a great treat.

5.  Weatherchannel.com.  Especially now that I've got a Little One to dress appropriately!

Have a great weekend!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!