Weekend Review

Monday, May 31, 2010

We've had a good weekend and got to soak up some wonderful time with family and friends.  David and I even went out on a lunch date just the two of us as a belated birthday celebration for him.  Given our recent loss, the time spent with loved ones was just what we needed.  We packed the three days as full as we could, but had to miss a farewell cookout for sweet friends that are moving.  So sorry SR and CS!  I hope it was a wonderful day for y'all!

Please continue to pray for us this week as we make arrangements for my grandmother's funeral that is set for next weekend.  Pray that we stay strong, healthy, and safe as we travel around town and work out the details.  

On a lighter note, I'll leave you with some of my favorite quotes from this weekend:

David (who was trying to get me to quit obsessing about something for Audrey's birthday party):  "Better is the enemy of good enough."  

Me:  "Um, no.  The saying is 'Good is the enemy of great.'"  Sometimes I don't think our personalities could be more opposite.

~~~~~~~

Me, as David was cutting up watermelon for Audrey:  "That'll be good.  She needs some more water.  And I'm pretty sure watermelon is like 80% water.  Or maybe that's the human body.  Or maybe it's the earth.  One of the three is definitely 80% water."

~~~~~~~

Audrey, who was sitting in a buggy while she and David waited on me to make a return.  She yelled across the store to get my attention:  "Momma!"  Be still my heart. 


New pictures are up in the gallery.  There is a May 2010 album and an Audrey's Eleventh Month album.  Enjoy!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!