Thankful Thursday

Thursday, July 29, 2010

1.  That the no-more-nursing transition has been going so well.  The first night I put her to bed without nursing her first, I thought for sure there would be a fight.  Nothing.  She didn't even act like anything was up.  I never nursed her to sleep for naps, so she did know how to go to sleep without it.  Still, though, I was expecting something.  But alas, the only tears were mine.  I have a feeling that will be the case for most major milestones in her life.


2.  Dinner with friends.  Last Saturday and this Tuesday we were able to sit down and break bread with sweet friends, all of which we've known for at least a decade.  There are few things in life that make me happier.


3.  Hair bows.  Audrey finally has enough hair to pin little bows in and have them actually stay!  She looks adorable in them.


4.  Mommy time-outs.  I try to get a few hours a week to myself to recharge.  I'll go to a coffee shop and write, meet up with a friend, go shopping, or just run errands.  What I do isn't as important as the break itself. Sometimes the stars align and I get several opportunities in one week, which makes for a very well-rested Mommy.


5.  The love of my life, my best friend, the father of my baby, and my husband of six years (as of July 31st).  You are my rock and I cannot thank you enough for all of the support and love you've shown me during our marriage (and long before we said "I do", for that matter).  Happy Anniversary, babe!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!