Thankful Thursday

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Shew, what a week it's been!  On top of David still working like crazy, I've had a dentist appointment, a doctor's appointment, Bible Study and small group homework, Bible Study meeting, and a hair appointment.  I have also been editing the 130 pics engagement pics I took for David's sweet cousin, am trying to finish AJ's baby book (better late than never!), and am working on her's and David's birthday party plans.  And squeeze in more running/exercise in preparation for an upcoming race.  And organize Audrey's closet.  And shop for Easter/birthday/Mother's Day gifts.  

I gotta confess - the house is dirty and we've had a lot of leftovers lately.  Keep praying that David's work load lets up soon before we both crack!  


Before I even get to this week's TT list, let me share that Audrey is well and finished up her last dose of antibiotic tonight.  Hopefully it cleared everything up and she'll stay healthy for a while!  David, though tired, is also feeling better.  Thank You, Lord!

Here is the list:

1.  My nephew Carson, whose birthday is this upcoming Tuesday.  The kid is an unstoppable whirlwind who will slow down just long enough to do something that melts you and proves just how huge his caring heart is.  I know God has big plans for that heart!  Happy 3rd birthday, buddy!  Can't wait to celebrate with you!  

2.  NO MORE DENTIST!  Okay, that sounds gross.  Let me explain:  I'm finally finished with my Invisalign trays and will now only be visiting my dentist for cleanings twice per year.  My teeth aren't 100% straight/perfect, but I am very, very pleased with the improvements that were made.  And after 13 appointments in 8 months (most were less than 30 minutes long, but still), I'm super okay with not having any more work done.

3.  Reaching my weight goal and finally being back in maintenance phase.  It took me just over six weeks to drop the ten pounds I'd put on from my holiday feasting...which stretched from Thanksgiving to Valentine's Day.  Now I can finally cut back on my work outs and relax my diet a bit.  But just a bit.  It is SO much easier (and tastier) to put it back on than it is to get it off!  

4.  PBS.  Because of all the things I mentioned that are going on/David's busy schedule, I'm (guiltily) turning on the TV for Audrey a little more than I usually do.  At least with PBS I feel like she's getting decent educational shows.  Her favorites are Sesame Street and Sid the Science Kid, but that's about as far as this mom is willing to go. (I hear Caillou is addictive so we're steering clear for now!)  I also let her watch Little Einsteins on the Disney channel. 

5.  This week's song is "I Need You" by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.  One of my favorites of his for sure. 






I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy the beautiful Spring weather!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!