Thankful Thursday

Friday, April 8, 2011

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I missed last week's TT post and this week's is late.  Trust me, it bothers me way more than it does you.  I wish I could stay on top of this blog better, but I have to give myself some slack and do what I can when I can.  Hopefully you understand.  


Here is a short update to make up for it (see the first two items for the main reasons I've been "slacking"):
  • Audrey has been sick.  She started with some congestion over a week ago, spiked a fever on Saturday and ran 102 or 103 (when she wasn't on Tylenol) for three straight days.  She was eating and acting okay, though not napping all that well during the day.  I took her to the doctor on Tuesday and found out she has a sinus infection.  She didn't have a fever all that afternoon, so who knows whether it was clearing up on it's own or what, but we went ahead and started the prescribed antibiotics.  She's doing much better now and we even ventured out yesterday.  
  • David is working like crazy.  We enjoyed what seemed like two or three weeks of normal hours and weekends off and now we're back to eleven or twelve hour days and going in on Saturdays and Sundays.  He's also not feeling well.  Coincidence?  
  • Car shopping is on hold for now.  Who knows what we're going to do.  We don't have time to shop around or try to sell David's car at the moment.  We've also discussed that he may take over my car and I may get a newer one, or we both may win the lottery and hire drivers.  The latter is not very likely considering we don't play.
  • Spring temps (and pollen) are here, Easter decorations are up, and the calendar is full of birthday parties, races, egg hunts, and visits/visitors.  Love it!
Here is this week's list:

1.  My Grandma-in-law, whose birthday was Tuesday.  She is a fantastic cook, a sweet encourager, and a tireless prayer warrior.  I can only imagine how many hours of sleep she's lost staying up to cook for us or pray for us...or both!  We're so thankful for her and are super excited about getting to see her this weekend for the first time since Christmas!


2.  Event planning!  Things are well underway for Audrey's 2nd birthday bash.  The date is set, invitations are ordered, her outfit has been bought, favors are purchased, the menu is in the works, and decorations are coming together.  There may or may not also be some planning going on for David's 30th birthday, which is in May.  So fun!  I love it!

3.  Shopping with Grandmom.  Yesterday Audrey and I made a trip to the outlet mall with David's mom and had a blast!  Audrey got quite a few adorable new outfits - one of which she was particularly adamant about and wouldn't turn loose of!  She will certainly be the most fashionable little girl around this summer thanks to her Grandmom!


4.  The first pedicure of the season.  My feet and toes have been neglected for months, and finally got a little TLC last week.  Now they're all ready for sandals!  I just need some sand to stick them in.....ahhhhh.  


5.  This week's song is "To Make You Feel My Love" performed by Adele.  I've always loved this song and I'm not sure whose cover I like the most, but this is definitely a good one even if the video is a bit drab.    



Have a wonderful weekend and please pray for David to get some relief and restored health soon!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!