Thankful Thursday

Thursday, April 21, 2011

1.  David taking Tuesday off!  Well, practically off.  He had a doctor's appointment in the morning, but got home around 9:30am just in time for a jog and some playground time.  The three of us went to lunch afterwards and then came home and hung out until he went into work around 2pm.  He was home by 7pm, but then went back in from 11pm - 2am to run a test that required the moon to be up.  So that's practically a day off, right?  Riiiiiight.  I am, however, (less sarcastically) thankful that he's not working at all this upcoming weekend and he's promised to take Monday off.  I jokingly told him that I hope we find out we still like each other after we get to spend three consecutive days together! 


2.  Ciabatta bread.  When I tried it for the first time this week on a delicious deli sandwich, I nearly fell out of my chair.  My name is Heather and I'm a carboholic.


3.  Our Small Group.  For the past 8 months, David and I have "done life" with a group of six couples.  We've studied two books, shared many prayer requests and struggles, and learned a whole lot about Christ, each other, and ourselves.  Now it's time for our group to part ways.  We are grateful for what we gained from each couple and we hope to stay in touch with everyone.


4.  Lunch with a new friend.  When you're an adult, making friends isn't as easy as it used to be, so when the opportunity comes along, you gotta jump!  Of course, at this age, "you gotta let your crazy out a little at a time" (Scrubs) lest you scare them to death.  Still, I'm excited about my new pal and for what God has in store for our friendship!


5.  In honor of tomorrow being Good Friday and Sunday being Easter, this week's pick is "He Loves Us" by David Crowder with clips from the movie Passion of the Christ.  I must warn you that it's extremely graphic...so much so that I searched for quite a while for an alternative video and/or song.  I finally came to the realization that sometimes we need to be reminded how graphic and violent Christ's crucifixion really was.  I hope it moves you as it did me and that you'll think about it during this upcoming weekend and beyond.




Thank you, Jesus.  For saving me.  For loving me.  For thinking me worth it when I'm not.

Happy Easter, everyone.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!