Thankful Thursday

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Well, we've got another week of potty training under our belts and there has definitely been improvement.  Whether it's in my attitude or her skill, though, remains to be seen.  I keep joking that I, in fact, am the one that's getting trained!  Seriously, keep praying for us in this area.  I never thought it would be this much of a pain or take this long (yeah, I know.  Can you say "unrealistic expectations"?!)

Here is this week's list:

1.  A visit from my Aunt Jill from Richmond.  She and my mom came out and we had a nice time catching up, complete with lively, hilarious entertainment provided by AJ.  She even assigned us all instruments and we put on a mini-concert.

2.  Military men and women and their families.  I usually only mention them on here around Memorial Day or Veteran's Day or when I'm bragging about my Dad and grandfathers.  However, they really deserve so much more recognition than that.  I had lunch on Tuesday with a friend I haven't seen in nearly six years. Her husband and I went to high school together and he is now a pilot in the Navy stationed near Afghanistan.  Listening to her talk about the struggles they face brought to mind how blessed I am to have families willing to go through what they do.  He, like so many others, has missed months and months of his baby girl's life that he will never get to make up.  Despite the pictures, emails, and videoed story times, she's never truly known her Daddy and it's sad.  Pray for these precious people who are sacrificing so much.

3.  Cartoon snuggles.  A few times in the past couple of weeks I've brought Audrey back upstairs to watch a couple of minutes of TV in our bed while I finish getting ready.  What inevitably happens, though, is I end up lying down too and we snuggle and catch up on what's happening with Elmo, Big Bird, or Telly.  A girl needs to stay informed, after all.  She always reaches out and holds my hand or puts her arm on my arm or lays her head on my head while we're watching.  Love it.

4.  A Twix candy bar.  I had a full size one today for the first time probably since college.  I think they're my favorite.  Definitely in the top three with Kit-Kat and Butterfinger.  

5.  Sticking with my summer theme again, this week's song is Diamond Rio's "How Your Love Makes Me Feel."  Be forewarned that it's cheesy and the pictures of the band are even worse, but it's definitely on my summer playlist.  I still remember being a teenager and singing this song at the top of my lungs on summer nights driving home from David's house or church.  I had the sunroof open, the windows down, and was trying to look as cool as I could in my parents' Buick.  It's a fun song that will always remind me of those sweet summer evenings.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!