Thankful Thursday

Thursday, March 29, 2012

1.  That my nephew is okay!  After a playground fall and some teeth/mouth trauma, it looks like the Little Tornado is going to be fine.  Prayers for healing and his parents' heart rates to return to normal would be appreciated.


2.  The first date sans-kiddos since Luke.  David and I went to brunch on Sunday (nights are oh-so-hard at this stage, so we'll have to hang with the senior crowd on our dates for awhile) and then took a short stroll the park.  It was fantastic.  All 90 minutes of it.  Hey, we'll take whatever we can get right now!


3.  Healthy livin'.  This week I've begun to cut back (as in, not eating multiple desserts each night), eat healthier, and start exercising.  I was going to wait until my 6 week post-partum check-up, but this weather is making it impossible to be patient.  So far I'm just walking, but man does it feel good.  I've set some very realistic weight loss goals and, after two days of serious sugar withdrawal, am already feeling better.  Let's just hope I can keep the motivation and momentum up because I have a looooong way to go!


4.  A great pediatrician.  As I posted below, we had Luke's check-up this week.  We love, love, love our pediatrician.  He truly listens to us and takes time with our kids.  Every bit of advice he's ever given us has been dead-on and in line with our parenting philosophies.  I'm so grateful for him and that practice!


5.  Pacifiers.  And as a matter of fact, I hear a little boy who could use one now....sweet dreams, all.  Ours are extremely short, but very happy these days. :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!