Thankful Thursday

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Here is my list of 5 things I'm grateful for this week.  Check back soon for a July Recap. 

1.  Kids' business stands.  I once read somewhere that you should always make time to buy whatever kids are selling on homemade stands in their yards.  I thought that was a great piece of advice.  So I got myself two brownies this week.  They were the most expensive brownies I've ever bought, but seeing the girl's face light up was well worth it, especially since they were raising money for a charity. I sure hope that one day my kids choose to spend a little of their summer doing something so cool.

2.  Sweet baby breath on my neck.  I know it won't be much longer before Luke is too big to rock before bed.  I imagine in another year or so he'll be tired of it...or too big to hold (that may actually happen way sooner.)  So for now, I am savoring that moment at the end of these long, hard days when he is content to rest in my arms, snuggle against me, and hear a lullaby or two.  

3.  Free library programs.  We went to see a magician at our local library yesterday afternoon.  He did a wonderful job and both kids thoroughly enjoyed the show.  The best part was the hilarious lady beside us that kept turning to me and asking in amazement, "How did he DO that?!"  If I knew, lady, I'd be way better at keeping the kids' meltdowns under control while I'm trying to cook dinner.       

4.  Chick-fil-A's kids' meals "toy" choice.  As if they needed another reason to be the most outstanding fast food chain in the world, they choose to put books in the kids' meals.  You rock, CFA.  So much so that I almost don't mind giving 70% of our income to you.  As Tim Hawkins says, it's kinda like tithing.      

5.  Nine years of marriage to this fella:


He's my favorite.  
And yes, we were twelve when we got married.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!