Thankful Thursday

Thursday, August 15, 2013

1.  Low humidity and cool breezes.  It is amazing the difference that ten degrees less heat and 10% less humidity makes, especially when running.  It felt uh-mazing today and I'm very much looking forward to exercising in Autumn.

2.  Consignment sales.  'Tis the season for them!  I found some great deals at a sellers' presale and one other local sale.  With those two sales and the things I bought on clearance after last winter, the kids' fall/winter wardrobes are 80% finished.  That is, if I guessed Luke's upcoming size right, which isn't looking like the case.  BUT the good thing about shopping consignment sales is I didn't invest too much if I end up being off.

3.  Time with my big girl.  On Tuesday, I took Audrey to the eye doctor (her eyes are healthy and we'll recheck her borderline vision in 6 months) and then we went back-to- school shopping for her supplies and out to lunch.  After we ate, she ran around her favorite open park and then we ate dainty desserts, held hands, and strolled through some shops.  It was incredibly fun, not to mention e-a-s-y as pie with just one!

4.  A trip to the aquarium and a pink sparkly dolphin.  David took last Friday off and the four of us went to the Georgia Aquarium.  It was so much fun watching everything through the kids' eyes and they enjoyed every moment and exhibit, especially the dolphin show.  We let Audrey pick a souvenir from the gift shop and "Sparkly" hasn't left her side since.  

5.  My childhood home.  I helped my Dad move this past weekend and said goodbye to the place I'd lived from 8 to 18 years of age.  A lot of great memories there.  Some not-so-good ones, too, but it's still the house that built me and I'm grateful for it.  



So long, Townsend Place.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!