Thankful Thursday

Thursday, August 8, 2013

I am sooo close to publishing the July Recap and may even get to it later tonight, but I wanted to go ahead and get the Thankful Thursday post in before it was too late.  

1.  Hearing Luke say Audrey's name.  A few weeks ago, he became really, really good at it and it is such a sweet sound to hear.  She, too, thought it was adorable for the first couple of days, but now she's kind of over it.  Especially since he likes to yell it at her repeatedly until she gives him what he wants.  I find it amusing considering how many times a day I hear "Mama", "Mommy", and "Mooooom!"

2.  New personal records.  I am currently training for a half marathon and Saturdays or Sundays are typically my "long run" days.  This past weekend, I ran 9 miles.  It was a very flat surface and it took me nearly forever, but I can't tell you how awesome that feeling of accomplishment was and how grateful I am for the health and stamina to say I completed that!

3.  New music to go with those long runs.  I don't know how some people run without music.  I have to have something to listen to.  And because my runs are taking so long now, I have to have new music to keep things from getting too boring.  Lately, I've even been throwing in some Brian Reagan station on Pandora just to break it up.  It's hard to keep my breathing under control on the really funny bits, though.  I'm sure I look like a mad woman running down the road and cracking up.

4.  Being finished with consignment sale tagging!  As soon as we got back from our vacation, I pulled out every bit of fall and winter clothing that Audrey and Luke had and began tagging away for the huge upcoming consignment sale.  I also had a ton of bibs, towels, burp cloths, shoes, socks, and winter accessories.  Just tonight, after working 2-3 hours a day for nearly three weeks, I tagged my last two items.  I'm ready to get this stuff out of my house...and even more ready to see that big check come in next month!

5.  That David is taking tomorrow OFF.  He traveled three days, was home two days, then left again for five days last week, so we are very grateful to have him back and to get to soak up a little extra time with him tomorrow.  We have some big surprises planned for the kids, so check back later for an update on that.


I hope you've all had a good week and have something fun planned for this weekend!  

Both kids have had colds this past week and Luke is cutting new teeth, but miraculously, sleep has been occurring pretty well for everyone.  Pray they get better, we stay well, and the good nights continue! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!