Thankful Thursday

Thursday, October 15, 2009

1. My father-in-law...and mother-in-law, too, of course. His birthday was on Tuesday and it just reminded me how thankful I am to have such great in-laws. They have been an amazing source of support and encouragment to David and I and are settling into the grandparent roll quite nicely (read: Audrey already has them completely wrapped around her finger.) We are so thankful for them and all they do for us!

2. Audrey's latest "trick." She started doing this adorable thing with her mouth today that cracks me up! She sucks in and then "spits out" her bottom lip over and over again really fast. It's just awesome that she is discovering new sounds and fun things.

3. Health insurance. Long story short, I took Audrey in for a weight-check and to get someone to look at a rash she has developed on her face. Everything turned out fine, but it's so nice to have reassurance and, more importantly, the ability to go get that reassurance without worrying how we're going to pay the bill. No matter where you stand on health insurance issues, you have to admit it's ridiculous what health care costs when you don't have it.

4. A good tailor. As most women know, there is hardly a pair of pants out there that fit perfectly straight off the rack. I'm not sure who these clothes are made for, but they certainly aren't for pair-shaped people like me. Once I get them big enough to go over my thighs and behind, they're gaping in the waist - even post-baby. Enter my magical tailor. I don't take every skirt or pair of pants to her to alter, but every once in a while I'll spend the extra money on something I know I'll own forever. She does a great job and I'm thankful for it!

5. www.mylifeisaverage.com I saw this on a friend's Facebook status this week and checked it out for myself. It's a random compilation of quirky yet average things that people write in and share about their day. There is some pretty funny stuff on there!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!