Thankful Thursday

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Things are still not going all that great in the feeding department. Audrey is eating better, but still not as well as she was about a week and a half ago. She hasn't slept all through the night since around then either and for the past two nights, she has gotten up twice. Please continue to pray that this issue gets resolved quickly. I am starting to get very tired, which only exacerbates the frustration I'm already feeling!

In an effort to focus on the positive, here is this week's list. You'll notice it has six items instead of the usual five. Pretty good for someone who is running on minimal sleep, huh?

1. A husband who appreciates me. After getting up twice on Tuesday night to feed Audrey (something I haven't had to do since she was about six weeks old), I came downstairs on Wednesday morning to find a note from David thanking me and telling me I was the best wife and mom ever. It means the world to have him acknowledge the sacrifices I'm making.

2. Audrey's first LOL's! On Tuesday night she laughed out loud on purpose a few times. It is the most precious sound! I was hoping to post a video of it on here, but we haven't been able to make her do it again. (Though not for lack of trying. It's amazing what idiotic things you'll do to provoke a laugh from a baby!)

3. My brother and sister-in-law closing on their new house! They sold theirs yesterday and closed on their new one today. Congrats, y'all! We sure do wish it was closer, but we're really happy for you guys.

4. Fall Series' Premiers. Yay for mindless TV entertainment!

5. October & Autumn. I know the official start date of fall was September 22nd, but something about it being October and this amazing weather just makes it more real.

6. "Momraderie" - (Unlike "Momfidence", I did make this one up myself.) In the midst of all this eating drama, I have really been encouraged by a number of other nursing moms. I reached out to several sweet friends who either are where I am, have been where I am, or, at the very least, can definitely imagine being where I am. They listened, shared their stories, offered some tips, and gave me gentle reminders of things I already knew ("if she's happy and content, you're doing fine!") It was such a huge blessing and I appreciate these ladies so much!

That's all for now. Hope you have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!