Thankful Thursday

Thursday, October 22, 2009

1. Ladies' Night Out. For the past three years, I have been planning my small group's monthly Ladies' Night Out. Every other month we go out to dinner somewhere and the month in between I try to plan an activity. We've gone bowling, been rock climbing, painted pottery, raced go carts, gotten pedicures, and gone to the movies, among other things. Whatever we end up doing, though, it's always a lot of fun. Everyone enjoys a couple of hours of girl time away from the husband and kids. (Of course, we usually end up talking about nothing but husbands and kids, but it's still a nice break!)

2. Audrey's smiles. She is grinning more and more these days and I LOVE it. I can almost always get a big smile out of her and that makes me feel so good.

3. www.parenthacks.com I've forgotten how I came across this site, but it's a great resource for parents with kids of all ages. Their tagline says it all "Parenting tips from the real experts: actual parents."

4. The TLC show 18 Kids & Counting. I don't agree with all of their theology (they are very conservative Baptists), but I do think that they have an incredible ministry and are doing an amazing job of raising children to love the Lord and put others first. The mom Michelle is a big inspiration and I get such a kick out of watching them manage their huge household. As I said on my Facebook status the other day, they make me want to have a whole house full of children, and then I get AJ up from a nap and reality slaps me in the face.

5. That it's almost the weekend! I am soooooo ready for it!

New pictures are up, including Audrey's 4 month perspective shots, so be sure to
check them out! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love that I have found someone else that enjoys 18 kids and counting as much I as do. I totally agree that I don't agree with them often but watching them raise 18 kids and be calm and cool is nice to see and makes me try harder to be that calm with mine.

    Rebecca O'Kelley

    ReplyDelete