Thankful Thursday

Thursday, November 12, 2009

It has been a very long week in the Sinyard household. As expected, we have all gotten this dreaded cold. I'm running a day behind AJ with it and David is running a day behind me, so hopefully we will all make a complete recovery by Sunday or so.

Since it started, I have learned the very hard truth that Moms never get a sick day. Ever. Laundry still has to be washed, shopping and errands still need to be done, and meals still have to be planned and cooked (even if it is a jar of Prego and a box of spaghetti. If the stove, oven, or microwave are involved, it's cooking.) Nobody cares if you don't feel well, least of all the Baby who is mad because her nose is all stuffy and it is interfering with her ability to eat. Okay, they may care, but not enough to start lactating and take over. Bums.

For those of you that are expecting your first, here is a list of things I'm glad we had on hand this week:
  • A cool mist humidifier for Audrey's room. We bought Crane's elephant version, and have been very pleased with it. It's easy to use and unbelievably quiet.
  • Johnson's Soothing Vapor Bath. It's got rosemary, eucalyptus, and menthol, which helps clear their airways. FYI, it's not recommended for babies under 3 months or those with sensitive skin, asthma, or allergies.
  • Aquaphor. Good for raw skin under their noses and dry skin on their cheeks.
Please pray we make a complete recovery soon and that we stay well for the rest of the winter. I can't imagine how we'd handle it if we got the flu. I hope we don't have to find out!

Here is this week's Thankful Thursday list:

1. YOU! Based on Stat Counter's cookie count, we reached over 500 unique visitors this week and I'm amazed! A little freaked out, since I'm pretty sure I don't even know 500 people, but very amazed. As David pointed out, there are probably a lot of single users using multiple computers in that number (not that you would dare log on at work, right?!) but still. You're reading, and hopefully laughing and praying, right along with us on this incredible journey and we're honored.

2. Afrin nasal spray. It is good stuff. It's also addictive, so I limit myself to nighttime use only for three nights. No problem here. Really. I can stop whenever I want. (*sniff, sniff*)

3. My hairdresser. I have been going to the same lady for years and she is such a sweetheart. She has helped me through blond and multi-layered mishaps and back to my natural color again. She has seen me at my skinniest, my biggest (the day before AJ was born, actually), and every size in between. I'm thankful that every six weeks I get to sit in her chair and take a load and some split-ends off.

4. My Pilgrim salt and pepper shaker set from Publix. I bought them seven years ago and they still make me smile when I pull them out of my Thanksgiving decorations box.


5. Coupon exchanging. A friend of mine suggested we swap coupons since she uses one brand of diapers and I use another. I love opening the mail and finding a sweet note from her with money savings inside!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!