Thankful Thursday

Thursday, November 19, 2009

1. My mom. Her birthday is tomorrow and I thought I'd take the opportunity to express my gratitude for her. Now that I'm a mother myself, I can better appreciate all of her hard work. I learned many lessons from her both big (manners) and small (the importance of putting together and making your bed first when you move into a new place.) She instilled in me a love of Christ, reading, and good dessert...in that order. Oh yeah, and the whole "gave me life" thing. Thank you & Happy Birthday, Mom!

2. A clean car! This week I got my car cleaned inside and out for the first time in almost 5 months. I hesitated to even admit how long it's been because I know how disappointed my dad and brothers will be, but we've had some other priorities lately. :) It looks wonderful and I'm enjoying the lack of strange sticky substances on my console.

3. Sharpie Markers. Regular tip, thin tip, black ink, colored ink - I don't care. They're an organized girl's BFF.

4. Chick-fil-A. I've been feeling a little guilty since I expressed my exhaustion of their cow campaign on a friend's Facebook status, so I thought I'd show them some love. Whether they are in need of new marketing ideas or not, they're still my favorite fast food restaurant. They are an amazing company with outstanding values, business practices, and customer service. Corporate America could use more like them. I love my Christian chicken. As someone once said, I feel a little like I'm tithing every time I eat there (which is A LOT.)

5. David. Yeah, I know he's appeared on the list before, but he's just that awesome. He has always been an amazing husband, but lately he has taken it to a whole new level. Suddenly trash is being emptied without me asking and toys are magically put away at the end of the night. He has even developed a habit of asking if there is anything that I need him to do while I'm nursing Audrey and putting her to bed. The first time he uttered those words, I swear I teared up. Thanks for sharing the load, babe. I couldn't do it without you.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!