Thanksgiving Weekend

Monday, November 30, 2009

What a great Thanksgiving weekend we had! David got to take Wednesday afternoon through Friday off, so we really enjoyed having him around. (I mean really enjoyed. I am seriously missing his help today!) Instead of waiting until after Thanksgiving, I cheated a little and began putting up Christmas decor on Wednesday. With the amount of stuff I have, it always takes awhile and I knew this year would be even more time consuming than usual. Three days, 26 boxes/rubbermaid containers and three full size trees later, the house was decorated inside and out. It's insane, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I enjoy having my house look like "Christmas threw up in it" as my sweet friend LL says. :)

On Thanksgiving Day, we went to David's grandparents' house in Alabama to have lunch with his mom's side of the family. It was so good to see everyone and watch them interact with Audrey. The food was delicious as usual (David's grandmother makes a huge feast from scratch!) AJ did pretty well with the ride there and back, but she is always happy to get somewhere and get out of that car seat!

On Thursday night, as is our tradition, we decorated our tree while watching the Lighting of the Great Tree on television. AJ really liked all of the colorful lights, but isn't quite sure what to think about this monstrous thing in our living room with stuff hanging all over it. It's great not to have to worry about her messing with it yet, since she is still immobile. I'm sure next year will be interesting!

On Sunday, we went up to David's parents' house and celebrated with his Dad's side of the family. Audrey got to meet one of her great aunts and her second cousins on that side for the first time. More gluttony ensued and it was awesome.

So in summary: Lots of eating, lots of decorating, lots of enjoyable family time. We couldn't have asked for a better first Thanksgiving for Audrey.

Check out the Picasa gallery for pictures. I've posted her Fifth Month's album, an album from our trip to Savannah, one with her professional newborn pictures (finally!), and of course, an album from our Thanksgiving festivities. It took me the better part of two nap times today to get caught up, so enjoy!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!