Thankful Thursday

Thursday, December 3, 2009

1. Snuggle time. On Tuesday, I let Audrey take her morning nap in my arms. She rarely does that anymore, mainly because she gets restless and wants to be put down in her crib. It was cold and rainy outside and we had the Christmas tree lit and carols on the radio. I held her close and savored every moment. When she woke up she got in my face and smiled a huge smile as if to say "Well hey Mommy! You're right here!" Pure bliss.

2. Leftovers! I haven't had to cook in awhile. (Okay, me not cooking isn't really all that out of the ordinary. BUT, we've been eating well and I haven't had to cook it!)

3. Hobby Lobby. Audrey and I took a quick trip over there today. I love their home decor and low prices.

4. Shipping. On two different occasions this week, I have called stores to check whether they had specific products. When they did, I asked if they would ship the items to my house. Both were more than willing to do so at extremely reasonable prices. (One package actually cost less to ship than I would have spent in gas driving to pick up!) It saved me a ton of time, which I'm all about these days. Thank you Pony Express for starting it all!

5. Christmas movies. My favorites are The Grinch (old and new versions), Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life (possibly my favorite movie of all time), Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, White Christmas, A Christmas Story, Elf... You name it, I love it. Even the really cheesy Lifetime Christmas movies. I'll conclude the list with a clip from one of my favorites:

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!