Thankful Thursday

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Well, here it is. The last day of 2009. What a year. What a decade! 10 years ago I was at a party at a friend's house getting to know a cute guy named David (and was only slightly worried about Y2K.) Wow, how far God has brought us!

Over the past ten years, I dated and married that sweet guy. During this decade I have also graduated high school and college, worked several different jobs, and moved seven times. I have changed churches, dress sizes, vehicles, and my last name. I have traveled to Connecticut, California, Ecuador, Florida, Maryland, Alabama, the Bahamas, the Dominican Republic, US Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, New York City, Tennessee, Aruba, South Carolina, North Carolina, Colorado, and West Virginia. Oh yeah - and I had a baby.

As I think back to how much things have changed in our household this year alone, I'm overwhelmed. This has undoubtedly been one of the best, and one of the toughest, years of my life. Half of it was spent pregnant, the other half with a new baby. I started out the year employed and am ending it not making a dime and working harder and more hours than ever before. And I wouldn't change it for the world.

I have to admit that we probably won't ring in 2010 as extravagantly as we've done in the past. We've spent New Year's Eves in New York City, on the beach, in Colorado, and at big parties. Tonight, however, it will just be the three of us. We'll have a fire, eat dinner, give Audrey a bath together, and enjoy some leftover birthday cake. To tell the truth, I doubt David and I will even make it until midnight! But, this New Year's Eve, we'll spend it being content. The decade that began with two teenagers figuring each other out is ending with two adults and their sweet baby enjoying a wonderful life together. Thank you, Jesus!

Here is this week's list:

1. A good report and Audrey's 6 month check-up. She weighs 16 lbs 10 oz and is 26.25" long. We got the green light on starting fruits and veggies. We're going to wait another day to make sure she doesn't have any reactions to her shots (which, as usual, she handled like a trooper!)

2. A great birthday! David took the day off, which was by far the best part. The three of us went to lunch and briefly shopped before we came home and rested. Then I went out by myself to Wolf Camera and to get a massage (David's gift to me). When I got home, there were two birthday cards waiting for me on the table - one from AJ and one from David. I totally teared up when I read the one she "picked out" and saw her little hand print outline inside. So precious! We stayed in the rest of the evening, hung out, ate pizza, and caught up on our DVR. Perfection.

3. Publix cake. It is delectable.

4. Baby Orajel. AJ is crazy close to cutting her first teeth, and her crankiness proves it. (At least, I think that's what it is. It could be a growth spurt.)

5. Updated pics! It took forever because of computer problems, but I finally got caught up. Check out the gallery for Christmas 2009 and her Six Month Professional Pictures (done by our sweet friend Ally. Visit her website at www.thejourneybyally.com.) I also updated the Perspective Shots Album and added a couple to her Six Month Album. Enjoy!

However you celebrate tonight, be safe and enjoy it!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I HOPE 2010 IS YOUR BEST YEAR YET!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!