Weekend Review

Monday, December 7, 2009

What an amazing weekend! On Saturday my parents, grandmother, brother, sister-in-law, and nephew came out for a visit. We had a great time hanging out and catching up. My nephew Carson was very entertained by our Christmas tree and ornaments (I did remember to hang the less fragile and semi-harmless ones towards the bottom) and we were very entertained by him. He is such a ball of energy, but will stop just long enough to sit in someone's lap while they read a book. He is learning to jump and loves to jibber-jabber and has the most gorgeous blond hair. Man, we make some cute kids in my family.

Watching everyone pass Audrey around was so precious. They got such a kick out of every grin and noise she makes...which happened to be a lot on Saturday. She loved the attention and napped long and hard that afternoon! That evening, I snuck away for an hour by myself and got a pedicure. Yay for Mommy time-outs, foot massages, and trashy celebrity magazines!

On Sunday, David and I had an amazing date. His parents came over and kept Audrey while we spent five hours by ourselves (new record)! It started with brunch and a little Christmas shopping. Then we went downtown to the Fox Theater and saw the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. It was a wonderful show and I was so impressed with the flawlessness of the performances. Those Rockettes are in amazing shape (I tried not to spend the entire time coveting their legs) and I can't imagine the hours and hours of rehearsal and training that go into that. The grand finale was a live nativity and it was powerfully beautiful.

After the show, we grabbed some lunch/dinner at Five Guys (What's that you say? My legs will never look like a Rockette's if I eat like that?! Honey, these thunder thighs ain't never gonna be close anyway.) We got home and I scooped up Audrey, who seemed like she barely noticed we were gone. I, on the other hand, had missed her terribly. But of course I'm glad we went. It was so special to spend the time with David doing something we don't normally do and it definitely got us in the Christmas spirit. We spent the rest of the day relaxing just the three of us.

So, this weekend had it all: time with family, time alone, time with just us. We are so looking forward to Christmas when we get to see everyone again (and David takes some time off!)

I'll close with this video of Audrey laughing just in case you have a case of the Mondays. I dare you to watch this thing without smiling. Have a wonderful week!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!