Thankful Thursday

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Well, I was really hoping that this post would contain a lot of (polite) bragging about how I got everything finished and am ready for Christmas. I'm closer, but still not there yet. David and I seem to be burning the candle at both ends these days and would really like the chance to relax and enjoy the season with our sweet baby girl. Please pray that we get that opportunity soon and that we all stay well and healthy during the most wonderful (and stressful!) time of the year.

In an effort to slow down for a moment and remember just a few of the many things I have to be thankful for, here is this week's list:

1. My Dad. His birthday was yesterday and he came over on his lunch hour to visit with Audrey and me. I give full credit to him and my Mom for making me the fine specimen of a human I am today. And teaching me to be humble. Seriously, he was and is the best Dad a girl could ask for. From him I get my business sense, my humor, my love of music, and my driving skills. He has faithfully served God, his country, and his family and has made a lot of sacrifices in doing so...more than I'll probably ever know. Thank you & Happy Birthday, Dad!

2. David's work ethic and commitment. He has been busting his butt for the past...well, six years, but specifically, the last couple of weeks. Several times lately he has worked a full day and then had satellite passes very late at night. (When he tests his satellite systems and antennas, he has to time the tests for whenever the satellites will be passing over in outerspace. Crazy smart stuff.) A couple of nights, he hasn't crawled into bed until midnight only to get up again at 6:30 and go back to work. Lately he has had customers in town and satellite passes and just general chaos going on. And yet he has still managed to meet me for AJ's Santa's pictures, come home at lunch for a photo shoot, and keep Audrey so I could go on a few outings that were important to me. You're awesome, babe. We're thankful for your dedication to your job, but more importantly, your greater dedication to your girls.

3. Christmas cookies. Yum-o. I've made seven dozen this week alone. (Not to worry - I did give most of them away!)

4. Courteous sales people. I can't imagine working in retail this time of year. Given what kind of stress they're under, I sure do appreciate it when I get to deal with a non-jaded, polite employee. And if they say "Merry Christmas" on top of having good manners, they'd better watch out - they may just get a hug.

5. Advent calendars. This year Audrey is "helping" me open the little paper doors as we practice counting. It's a sweet moment in our day!

Have a great weekend!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!