Thankful Thursday and AJ's First Easter

Thursday, April 8, 2010

A whole week has come and gone and I haven't been able to squeeze in a blog post, so here is yet another Thankful Thursday that will double as an update.

Audrey's first Easter was wonderful. Since David had been in Vancouver several days last week, he took Good Friday off to spend with us. We went to a local downtown square and took a bunch of pictures then went out again later for a run at the park. All of us slept extra well that night after playing so hard in the sun and pollen!

We spent Saturday in Alabama visiting David's grandparents and family. Audrey showed off her crawling and even had an Easter egg "hunt" (we walked in from being outside and there were about 50 eggs on the floor waiting for her!) We ate yummy food, dyed eggs while she napped, and enjoyed catching up with sweet family. On top of a great day, she did better than she ever has on the ride over and back, so it was an especially nice trip!

Sunday morning dawned and we got dressed in our finest (ish) and went to church. After we got home and took a bunch of pictures, Audrey collapsed into her crib. When she woke up, the Easter Bunny had left her a little basket of goodies! I think she kinda wondered where the candy and chocolate were, but she liked her books and stuffed chick nonetheless. He also brought her two top teeth sometime that weekend. We spent the gorgeous afternoon playing and walking outside.

So, that was our big weekend and here is this week's list:

1. Forward waves. Last week, Audrey didn't quite have waving down. This week, she is waving at everything. Until we want her to, like at the check-out lady in Publix. Then she gets stage fright.

2. Rain! We needed it to wash away this nasty pollen. I hope those of you who live in Georgia are surviving this allergy season. As I said on Facebook, I have decided that Atlanta needs its own pollen count scale. If 120 is extremely high and we're at 5,495, it's time to rethink the categories.

3. Cleaned out closets & Goodwill bags! I finally made the switch to my spring/summer clothes, most of which I haven't seen in two years since I was pregnant last spring. As I was reorganizing, I tried almost every piece on. I ended up setting aside a whole bag full for Goodwill, including one or two tops I've owned since at least 9th grade and a swimsuit I've had for seven years. A little overdue! I love getting rid of stuff. Plus, shopping for a few cute new things feels pretty good too!

4. Bathing suits that fit. I have searched high and low for a two-piece top to accommodate my post-pregnancy/nursing body and finally found something at JCPenny's this week. It ain't perfect, but it's the happy medium I was looking for between string bikini and granny suit. Let's just hope my body is more towards the former instead of the latter.

5. Clinique's bonus gift. I've been using their products for years and love when it times out right that I get a pretty little bag and some free samples with my purchase. (Thanks for the tip, Mom!)

I have high aspirations that I'll get some writing time in next week, including a big announcement coming soon, so keep checking back! (But no, I'm not pregnant. Let's go ahead and squelch that rumor now.) Also, I've updated the Easter photo album in the gallery, so click on the "Our Photos" link on the side of the page to view them.

1 comment:

  1. Allen and I have a couple of guesses, but I don't want to start any rumors either. Guess we'll see if we're right, whenever you decide to put us out of our suspense.

    ReplyDelete