Thankful Thursday

Thursday, April 29, 2010

All week long I've been meaning to post an update about my nephew Carson's 2nd birthday party and haven't gotten to it.  So, I'll squeeze that in here before writing out my list.  

Last Saturday we drove out to my brother and sister-in-law's house for the big event.  We got there a little early, which was great because we were able to have a few minutes alone with the Birthday Boy.  

He was so precious and slowed down long enough to interact with Audrey in a way he's never done before.  He kept trying to put a little party blower in her mouth for her to blow on.  When that didn't work, he tried handing her a balloon on a string, which of course she couldn't hold onto because she was busy attempting to crawl in her dress.  Later, after the party got underway, he picked up Cheerios off of her plate and tried feeding them to me.  In each of these instances and many more I saw that day, I realized how much the Little Guy is growing up.  More than that, I realize he's developing such a sweet, giving heart, just like his parents have.  It melted me.

The party itself was a hit, despite the major thunderstorms going on outside.  He got some really fun toys and had a blast playing with his little buddies in the giant ball pit my brother had set up in the playroom.  My sister-in-law outdid herself with all the decor and a homemade cow cake (in line with their animal farm theme) and it was adorable!  No major meltdowns were had and we headed out in time for Audrey to catch her second nap on the ride home.  Of course, it only ended up being 20 minutes long and a bit of crying ensued for much of the rest of the way, but we made it and it was well worth it.

I'm working on posting pictures from the party and AJ's 10th month.  I'll let you know when they're up!  Until then, here is this week's list:

1.  My brother, Kevin.  His birthday is today and I'm so thankful for him.  He could always make me laugh (and still can).  Usually to the point where we would hear, "That's enough, Kevin.  Settle down, Heather" from the front seat of the minivan.  I loved our many walks up to the gas station outside of our old neighborhood.  We'd get a pack of baseball cards and a candy bar and walk back home, sometimes stopping at the playground for a quick swing on the swings.  Good times.  Happy Birthday, Kev!  Love you!

2.  Gorgeous weather and much lower pollen counts.  We've been soaking it up!

3.  Finding just what you had in mind...and then family who will feed your OCD by tracking down more.   I've been on the hunt for Audrey's birthday party decorations.  It's been one of those "I'll know it when I see it" kind of things, like most of my party stuff is.  Well, one of the "its" was a gorgeous butterfly I found at Joann's, but they only had three of them.  So, David's sweet Aunt stopped by the only other Joann's in metro Atlanta that had them in stock to pick up a couple more.  I so appreciated it!

4.  Friends with whom you can pick up where you left off, despite the amount of time that has passed.  Lately I've gotten together with several girlfriends I don't get to see nearly enough.  I love being able to catch up without missing a beat!  I also love that they're so understanding about our schedule and availability post-baby.

5.  Days off from work-outs.  I've been so regimented with my exercise lately (see previous post about vacation weight gain!) that it makes the days I take off all the better. 

Enjoy your weekend and check back for pics soon!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!