Thankful Thursday

Thursday, January 19, 2012

1.  A good OB check-up yesterday.  My cramping is gone except for the occasional episode at night and everything looks great.  Luke (see post below if that's a shocker to ya!) is still measuring about a week ahead as AJ did.  Hopefully that means he'll arrive a bit early.  Just in case you needed a countdown update, here is where will be come this Saturday:


37 weeks (full term):  4 weeks away
38 weeks (doc’s prediction):  5 weeks away
39 weeks (when the doc will likely induce if he hasn't come):  6 weeks away


2.  Great sleep.  Audrey has been doing beautifully this week, with only one night in the past six of fussing when we put her down or waking up in the middle of the night.  I'm also happy to report that I slept pretty well for three of those five nights.  One night for nine hours (minus a bathroom break, of course.)  NINE hours!!!  Yay for actually getting a little rest before having a newborn.  Let's hope and pray the coming weeks hold that same pattern!


3.  Winter clothes clearance shopping.  In January and in August I stock up on end-of-season clothes for Audrey to wear the next year.  I must confess that I can't quite find the rock-bottom deals I used to.  I don't know if it's because her clothes are becoming more expensive due to the larger size and longer wear or what.  Still, I like the hunt and I sure do enjoy seeing 50%-70% off on my receipt.  Now if only I could force myself to stay away from the adorable new Spring stuff they're putting out.  Good thing consignment sale season is coming up!


4.  Finding something.  I recently misplaced my camera's SD card that happened to have about a dozen pictures on it I hadn't downloaded to my computer yet.  I tore the house and car apart and couldn't find it anywhere.  I finally broke down and bought a new one (I'd loaned my other one out so I was card-less), but continued to pout about the lost files.  One morning I was about to throw my robe into the wash and decided to check the pockets.  I almost didn't because I never put anything in them, but am so glad I did.  There in the bottom of one was my missing SD card, irreplaceable files safe and secure.  Sometimes it's the little things.


5.  No particular reason for this week's song pick.  Just mediocre nostalgia I wanted to share:





Have a great weekend and please pray for us as we have some exciting plans I'll share later!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!