Thankful Thursday (on Friday)

Friday, January 13, 2012

By the time I settled in to write this post last night, we lost power from the strong winds.  Yes, that would be twice in less than 48 hours.  And, it happened before Audrey was asleep, so her new CD routine was cut-off, she started pitching a fit, and we scrambled around for thirty minutes finding enough C batteries to get it going again.  (Yes, I had C batteries on hand for those of you aghast at my lack of preparedness.  I just didn't realize I would need EIGHT.  Pretty sure you could power a small plane on that many.)  Nevertheless, we got it going and C batteries are now on my shopping list.  Once she settled back down, she stayed asleep all night and I had to wake her up at 8am this morning.  That makes two nights in a row (if you don't count the power issue) that she's gone to sleep without fussing and stayed asleep all night.  For like, the first time in almost a month.  PRAISE GOD!  No, really, do it...and then go right back to praying it continues.


Other things that made the Thankful list this week:


1.  My cramping has stopped.  At least most of the way.  At the end of the day it starts up again, but it is so very much better than it was.  As an add-on to this item, I'd like to add how grateful I am for my amazing OB.  I hope he actually gets to be there for delivery this time.  


2.  Speaking of praising God, Audrey has started doing that while she's dancing and singing.  She'll throw her little hands in the air and say "I'm praising God!"  Awesome, awesome, awesome. 


3.  Valentine's Day stuff in the stores.  I'll be putting out our tiny collection of decor this weekend.  I love Valentine's Day because it's such a bright spot in the bleak and boring winter.  I especially love it this year because its arrival means we'll be so darn close to Baby Boy's arrival!


4.  Rhodes Bakery petit fours.  I was in there this week looking at cakes and decided it would be rude to walk out empty-handed.  If you live in Gwinnett, you simply must get yo'self to a location and have one or two or three.  I told David tonight that if the opportunity ever arose for me to leave him for Mr. Rhodes, I wouldn't hesitate.  I don't know if there is even a Mr. Rhodes, but I felt he needed to know the depth of my love for their dessert.


5.  As tribute to Audrey's new nighttime CD, "Junior's Bedtime" (thanks Lex), I'm posting one of our favorite Veggie Tales songs.  You're welcome for getting it stuck in your head:





Have a great weekend!


     

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!