Wacky Wednesday

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What a day, what a day.  It actually started out yesterday when I wasn't feeling all that great.  Then last night I started having cramps and back pain on top of the heartburn that has begun.  I slept pretty well (with, miraculously, no waking from AJ), but then woke up with a jolt at 5:30am when the loudest thunder I'd ever heard slammed overhead.  The power went out and the storm calmed down, but all of us were up and unable to go back to sleep.  At 5 stinkin' 30.  I still wasn't feeling well, so I canceled our day's plans, made a doctor's appointment, and begged David to stay home to take care of Audrey.  The power came back on around 10am, but internet and cable was still out.  I rested while The Husband of the Year entertained AJ and simultaneously put out office fires since they apparently can't function without him for any length of time.  I'm so thankful for him!


After what seemed like an eternity of waiting, I went to the doctor this afternoon.  He said that Baby Boy has dropped and positioned his head down, which is causing a lot of cramping and stretching.  He did a thorough exam and ultrasound to make sure everything else is as it should be and labor progress hadn't started.  Praise God, all is well!  He told me to take it easy and start acting like I was third trimester pregnant (in much nicer words).  He told me to go back in without hesitation if anything changes before my scheduled appointment next week.  


SO, I am unbelievably thankful that what began as a day of multiple kinds of storms is quietly ending in a much, much calmer fashion.  It was a scary and unsettling for sure - at one point I was so convinced they were going to check me in to the hospital that I began packing - but God is good and answered my prayers.  Please pray the cramping subsides and that all continues to be well with our son.  Also, please pray that I'm able to slow down a bit, especially since all today did for my mental state was panic me about how much I still want to get finished before he comes!  Regardless, I'm heeding the doc's advice.  Tomorrow's food bag packing and lunch date have been canceled.  The only thing on the agenda?  Hitting the library with my sweet girl.  I think we can manage that.  

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!