Thankful Thursday

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Well, Luke has a double ear infection, Audrey is still hacking and coughing at night, and David isn't quite back to 100%, but I think we're headed in the right direction.  Please pray for healing!  

Here is this week's list...

1.  First responders.  Yesterday marked the 12th anniversary of September 11th.  Like most, I can remember that day with crystal clarity.  I remember the sickening feelings of shock and fear I felt as a freshman at GSU in downtown Atlanta.  The images are burned in my mind forever:  human beings jumping out of the towers; the panic-stricken, ashen faces weeping and fleeing; the President addressing the nation.  One thing I will always remember are pictures of police officers, EMTs, and firemen rushing towards the disaster.  In the days and weeks that followed, they worked day and night, searching for survivors.  I hate that we live in a world where their services are needed, but I am unbelievable grateful that there are people like them that give their lives to save others.  

2.  Time with my boy.  It has been really cool to get to spend a little more one-on-one time with Luke since Audrey started school.  We went to the park on Monday and I let him lead me wherever he wanted and did whatever he wanted for almost a solid hour.  I was able to really listen to what he was trying to say and interpret his toddler-speak.  We sat on one of the bench swings kicking our feet and he pointed and said "buffly".  Sure enough, there were several beautiful butterflies floating around.  As you can imagine, he loved the attention.  Of course I enjoy time with both of my kiddos, but it's also wonderful to get one of them alone from time to time.  

3.  My neighborhood.  Several times each week I jog up and down the hills, around the cul-de-sacs, and through the streets of our subdivision.  Most of the time it's very early and very dark through the majority of the run.  This morning I went later and it was bright and sunny.  I really took time to notice the beautiful houses, landscaping, and nature paths and let it sink in how this is our dream-come-true neighborhood.  It's gorgeous and we are so blessed, especially after all it took to get here.  

4.  Everland Play.  Have you been to this place?  It's like Catch Air, only cleaner, cooler, and with more stuff for the under-two crowd.  It can get pricey, but they almost always offer a 20% off deal for some reason or another, so check their FB page or website before you go. 

5.  New nail polish in a pretty fall color.  Now if only we'd get a the fall temps to go along with it.  Soon enough, I'm sure.  

Have a great day!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!