Thankful Thursday

Thursday, September 5, 2013

1.  My mother-in-law, whose birthday was Friday.  I don't know where to begin except to say we simply could not get by without her.  Could NOT.  She is willing to take on whatever, whenever, and however she can for us without hesitation.  Now that I'm a mother to a son, I realize what it must have meant to let him go and have him put another woman first in his life.  It's quite doubtful that I'll be able to do the same for Luke one day, but regardless, please know I appreciate all you did then to make David into who he is and all you're doing to pour into our kids now.  We love you and are thankful for you!

2.  Audrey's first day went well!  Now please take a moment and pray she's well enough to make it to day #2 tomorrow as she's fighting off a cold. :(

3.  New small group!  My women's bible study started back this week.  I am co-leading with a sweet lady and we're going to be studying the 12 Women of the Bible curriculum by Lysa Terkeurst and several other authors.  I'm very excited to see what God teaches us through His word and each other this semester.  

4.  A husband who is not a shallow jerk.  An employee at a retail store was ringing me up and talking about the ages of my kids.  He asked several times how I got back in shape after the pregnancies and explained his wife is "still trying to get back to fighting weight" after having their son nearly a year ago.  I brushed it off and tried to stick up for her by telling him it was really hard.  He said it more than once in more than one way until I was just about ready to tell him that I didn't have a lot of suggestions for workout routines, but I had an idea what she could use as a punching bag.  Sheesh, man.  A) She gave you a son.  B) Do not discuss your wife's weight ever ever ever.  If it bothers you that much, find a very, very sensitive way to discuss taking on a new fitness hobby together.  But really, hush yo mouth.  So thankful for someone who has loved me fat, thin, and in between.  

5.  Crafty project attempts.  Even if they don't end up quite the way I envisioned in my head and will likely be displayed in the basement, it was worth a shot.  Who doesn't love a good modge podging moment, anyway? 

Have a great weekend, y'all!      

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!