August - December 2021 Social Media Posts

Friday, January 28, 2022


August 4, 2021:

First day of 4th and 7th grades. I am so proud of these kids and, though I am not at all ready for summer to be over, we are confident it’s going to be a great year. Praying for all of the students, teachers, staff, and parents!




August 28, 2021:
Annandale Village 5k this morning. As usual, I struggled to keep up with these two!




September 24, 2021:
Rocket Run 2021. Man, it was good to get back to “the office” today. I’ve got a lot of new friends’ names to remember…not to mention popsicle flavor preferences.



October 16, 2021:

It’s taken me nearly all day to recover and process, but last night’s Pizza Pajama Party was a success! I will never get over the generosity of this community. THANK YOU so much to everyone that came out and to all who donated money, bed sheets, pajamas, time, or muscle power! Money was made, awareness was raised, and community was strengthened…God is so good.







October 18, 2021:
L’s flag football game yesterday, A’s chorus performance tonight. I am not at all a fan of how quickly this raising kids gig is flying by, but MAN is it cool to watch them figure out who they are and hone their talents and skills. Incredibly thankful to get a front row seat and applaud embarrassingly loudly.





October 23, 2021:

Riverside Fall Festival last night. So good to see everyone and watch the kids have a blast! And the first (annual?!) “Give Back Booth” was a success. Students packed 100 care bags for front line workers!
Great job organizing everything, Kelsey! I hope you’re putting your feet up today!







November 2, 2021:
The big one will be asleep in five minutes. Not sure how many days it’ll take the little one to come down from this. Unbelievable what they overcame this season to win it all. Go Braves!!!

November 12, 2021:
60 minutes. I tallied up the time I saw this girl yesterday and, between school, extracurriculars, and homework, I got a half hour with her in the morning and a half hour with her last night.
Once upon a time, when she was a precocious toddler and we were in the middle of a 14 hour day together, I would sneak glances at the clock and will the hands to move faster toward nap time. I wasn’t sure how much longer I could patiently correct that mouth of hers. (Some things never change.)
But yesterday I got 60 minutes. Total.
So this morning I made her take a selfie with me. And I listened extra closely to her opinions on music (she has a lot of them.) I prayed over her day and her math test and I sent her on her way with a little too loud of an “I love you!” as the van door closed.
I know it’s not going to get any better. In fact, I’m sure some of you would be quick to tell me it gets worse. (Please don’t.)
So I’ll soak up every second I can get and take solace in knowing that she is growing into the coolest person I know. And I’ll rethink my rankings of 80s and 90s bands. Because that mouth of hers tells me I’m way off base.




November 19, 2021:
This week has been full of wrapping up projects while simultaneously kicking off new ones, all while keeping an eye toward hosting Thanksgiving and preparing for Christmas. (Have y’all heard that there may be shipping delays?! )
But the hardest part has been doing it all solo while David Sinyard is on the other side of the country. Like many, his business travel has slowed to a crawl these last 20 months. And given that he’s still working from home, I realize how much I’ve come to rely on him to be around for the day in and day out tasks. He’s been busting it around the clock out there and with the time difference, we haven’t spoken for more than 30 minutes total this week.
Hurry home, babe. We miss our GT engineer whose calm strength supports our crazy chaos. This picture is hilariously symbolic of me without you: Caffeinated and productive, yes, but really just barely holding it together with duct tape. (Also, can you fix this for me ASAP?!)



December 9, 2021:

I think they were a little uncertain when I assured NGMS that I could manage their annual Holiday Shop. Gather volunteers? At the middle school level? In DECEMBER? They didn’t know what I knew: That I have the most amazing friends in the world. They rearranged work schedules, set aside their own crazy to-do lists, and SHOWED UP to serve their community.
And thank you Lindsey Nye Davis, Amanda Ethridge, Angela Manders, Sucheta Chakraborty, Jodi Suchan, and Kimberly Lloyd for stepping up to help with the Book Drive at RES to lighten my load.
You all played a part in making a big difference to so many kids and families this holiday season. I am incredibly grateful for each of you.
I promise you if these women had just a few more hours in the day, they could rule the world. They certainly are capable.







December 10, 2021:

Reflections Reception this morning. First place in her grade and first place at county level…she’s headed to state for the 4th year in a row.



December 10, 2021:

Remember that mind-blowing generosity I mentioned?! Here are just some of the 800 NEW books going to Centerville Elementary. Over 200 of them were provided by Erin Snell Mitchell‘s NGHS Honor Society! High schoolers at the top of their academic game recognizing how critical it is to get books in the hands of elementary kids. Incredible.
There were enough donations that each student will receive a book of their very own.
I say it all the time, but man, this community is the absolute best. You did it. Again. THANK YOU.


December 15, 2021:

Visit with Santa 2021



December 30, 2021:

We were supposed to be in New York City tonight, seeing our very first Broadway show. David and I had secretly planned the trip for months and surprised the kids on Christmas Day with the news. They’ve never been there and were over-the-moon excited, especially about seeing it this time of year.
But things kept falling apart: all of us got sick (not Covid) and the city turned into a mess (yes Covid). With bags packed and hopes high, the flight being cancelled was the last straw. We finally made the call less than an hour before we were supposed to leave for the airport.
I have waffled between pity party and proper perspective the last two days. Here’s where I land tonight: Jesus loves me, my family and I are together and on the mend, and there is cookie cake. Life is good.
And getting all of your messages, calls, and texts today were such sweet reminders of my many, many blessings. My cup runneth over. Thank you!
See you soon, NYC.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!