January - May 2018 Social Media Posts

Sunday, January 23, 2022

 February 7, 2018:

Luke lost his first tooth tonight. Oh my heart. Where has my baby gone?!



February 22, 2018:

Happy 6th Birthday to my sweet baby boy! You have taught this family so very much about generosity, fun, and savoring the good things in life and we are so grateful for you.
Since it IS his birthday, I get to share an eye-rolling braggy story that exemplifies his heart of gold:
After volunteering in his class last week, I stayed to eat lunch with him. We had just sat down when he got a very concerned look on his face. I asked him what was wrong and after some prodding, he answered, "Well, Matthew isn't here today and he and Austin are best, best friends. I'm worried about Austin sitting over there alone." I looked over and assured him that Austin had other friends around that would talk to him. "No, Mommy. They won't talk to him like Matthew would. He'll be so lonely."
Since they are not allowed to invite friends to eat with their parents and I'm not allowed to sit at the class's table, I said, "Okay, then let's do this. How about you eat lunch with Mommy for another minute, and then I'll walk you over and you can finish your lunchtime with your class so you can talk to Austin." He perked up and ate quickly (no small feat for him, I assure you). When he finished, we went over to his class. When we got to the table, Austin broke into the biggest grin and started clapping and cheering, "Yay! Lukey is here, Lukey is here!" Oh my heart, y'all.
May you always be so kind, Buddy, and learn to know and follow God's best for you. And may you never stop teaching me to do the same. We love you, Lukey!



February 28, 2018:

Very proud of these 4th graders who stayed after today to work on Project Linus blankets and make cards for kids at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. And thank you to the awesome volunteers who helped me pull this off!



March 23, 2018:

Audrey is missing her last day of negotiations in Focus because of an ortho appointment. She made a few notes for her teammate.







March 24, 2018:
Easter Bunny Hightail this morning. I think I found a new running buddy. She did awesome!




April 11, 2018:
Luke was so very excited about his cool new light-up shoes we got him last week. The past few days, though, I noticed that he wasn't thrilled with and was trying to walk carefully to avoid making them light up. This morning he confessed sadly: "Mama? [Name omitted to protect the guilty] said that light-up shoes are for babies." Before I could even open my mouth to respond, Audrey swooped in and pounced. "Well you just tell him that I wore light-up shoes in second grade and that there are three...THREE...kids in my third grade class that wear them now. You just tell him that is HIS opinion and you do not agree with it. That is ridiculous. I think they are very, very cool, Buddy." Oh his smile and oh my heart. Big sisters can mess with you all they want, but no one else better if they know what's good for them!


April 25, 2018:

Luke has been working on persuasive writing in his kindergarten class. Today their assignment was to write a persuasive letter. He chose to draft one to the principal: "Dear Mr. Pope, I think that kids should have cake because it would make them work hard and do good at school. Thank you friend. Love Luke."
May 2, 2018:
Field Trip with Audrey's class to the Sawnee Mountain Preserve. They learned about bear habitats, dissecting "bear scat", did soil tests, identified various plants, and studied fossils. (But of course she said the bus ride was the most fun.



May 23, 2018;

And that's a wrap on kindergarten and third grades. What a great year it's been! And now, bring on summer BREAK!




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!