January - May 2019 Social Media Posts

Friday, January 28, 2022

January 11, 2019:

A little Friday night demo...pulling up carpet in the sunroom in preparation for laying tile. The family that renovates together...well, first they disagree and fuss and get on each other’s nerves. But eventually they learn teamwork and the satisfaction of a job done well.




January 17, 2019:



They grow up so fast. My little 100 year old on the 100th day of school.




January 22, 2019:

This is where I’ll be if you need me this week...grouting my life away and regretting not choosing 18x18 tiles with every single swipe. 




February 5, 2019:

Daddy-Daughter Date Night: dinner at Provinos. Mommy-Son Date Night: dinner at Zaxby’s followed by some Madden Football on XBox. All of us had a blast. (And I promise to teach Luke what a proper date night is...in about 15 more years! )







February 22, 2019:


As I'm fixing up Luke's room with some new bedding and decor to surprise him for his birthday today, I'm thinking back through the transitions this room has seen. It's gone from crib to toddler bed to big boy bed and now it's out with the little boy train stuff and in with the big boy sports stuff.
 
I confess that I'm unsure about this new stage of boyhood we're entering. There are barely any recognizable baby/toddler features left in him. My snuggle bug now hardly ever sits in my lap and is often more interested in wrestling with Daddy or tossing the football. Our conversations used to be filled with tales of superheroes and now it's mostly sports stats. (Rest assured, though, that the bathroom humor is still as strong as ever. I don't know that that ever diminishes.) He's already taller than his big sister was just a few months ago and he can officially out-sprint me, as he proved in a recent game of tag.
 
I know all these are normal, healthy signs of a growing boy. I know his heart of gold is still as generous as ever. I know he loves his mama something fierce and you'd better not cross his sister or his friends. I know he is crazy smart, sweetly sensitive, and absolutely hilarious. He brings such joy and fun to our family and is exactly what God knew we needed to balance us out.
 
I know all of this well. What I don't know is whether my heart can bear his growing up.
 
Happy 7th Birthday, Lukey. Being your Mama is a holy privilege and I love you more than you'll ever know!


February 26, 2019:

These cutie 4th graders worked hard today and made 24 Project Linus blankets for patients at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. In the process, they learned how to serve others and that doing so can be fun! Thankful for a school and a PTA that support these projects and for the volunteers that helped me pull it together.








March 14, 2019:

Today I got to drop off Riverside’s Project Linus blankets with these sweet ladies and get a behind-the-scenes tour of CHOA’s Satellite Blvd location. These blankets and handmade cards will go out to patients right here in Gwinnett! Thank you to all that gave of their time and effort to contribute these to this amazing organization. They will bring comfort to so many.




March 25, 2019:

Guess who gets back from South Korea tonight?! Not only did he fix a problem that others were unable to fix, but he finished the project four days ahead of schedule. ‘Cause he’s our “Ramblin’ Wreck from Georgia Tech and a helluva engineer.” Welcome home, babe! 





April 13, 2019:

Fun small group date night at Bury the Hatchet.


May 22, 2019:


This school year has been amazing. For Audrey in particular it has been one of tremendous personal growth (and academic too, of course.) We owe so much of that to these incredible teachers. I could ugly-cry just thinking about what they’ve done for all of us and how much we’ll miss them! (BUT, just to be clear: I could also ugly-cry with joy over not having to pack lunches for tomorrow or wake them up so early!) Happy Summer!!!







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!