25 Random Things About Heather

Sunday, June 7, 2009

As with The Baby Registry Checklist, I came across another note I wrote on Facebook that I thought would be worth copying and pasting to our blog. Below are 25 Random Things About Me:

1. I was born and raised in Georgia and cannot imagine living anywhere else. And, even though it’s silly because it’s so close, I still really miss Cobb County. I know every square inch of it and it will always be home to me. After almost 5 years, I’m still just not that in love with Gwinnett.

2. I am left handed. And, yes, if given a marker or gel-type pen, I’ll smear what I write all over the place.

3. I LOVE things to be organized and neat. The Container Store and school supplies make my heart happy. I am also a huge planner. I plan everything…well in advance. But, I must admit, I have learned to be more flexible and spontaneous over the past few years. And please don’t comment with “just wait until you have your child.” I know things will change…I’ll live.

4. I had three speeding tickets before I was 21, but it had absolutely nothing to do with the type of cars I drove. In order, they were: a minivan that backfired, an old Pontiac Grand Am that had to warm up before it would go into gear, a Buick with terrible brakes, and an Explorer that had over 100,000 miles on it when I inherited it.

5. My first job was at Shaw Pharmacy at the age of 15. I learned just as much about professionalism and work ethic there as I did in college.

6. I hate scary movies…and am a huge wimp about what I consider scary.

7. David and I met on a blind date when I was a sophomore at Harrison High School and he was a senior at South Cobb High School. After going to his senior prom, I decided I just wanted to be friends. I dated a couple of other guys, but then we got together the spring of my junior year in HS and have been together ever since. It's been 9 years (almost 5 of marriage) and I cannot imagine my life without him.

8. I broke my ankle skim boarding in New Smyrna Beach on the first day of vacation in 2005. It’s still slightly bigger than the other one and pops when I walk down the stairs.

9. My favorite flower is the Sterling Rose…David left one for me on the doorstep the night of our blind date and then I had them in my wedding bouquet. It’s also why I chose to name my business Sterling Event Planning.

10. Poor grammar and poor spelling drive me crazy.

11. I don’t really like imaginary stuff. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Never Ending Story, Medieval Times, and The Wizard of Oz all really freak me out. But it’s not like I don’t enjoy kiddy imaginary stuff (like Disney and cartoons.) Maybe it’s just when “real” people make-believe. I’m too much of a realist.

12. My maiden name is "McGraw" so my nicknames used to be "Bonesaw" (from Spiderman) or "Quick-draw." The only nickname I have now is "HJ", which my only my family occasionally uses.

13. My husband is a genius. For real. He got the highest SAT score in his graduating class and made straight A’s his entire academic career, including at Georgia Tech. I know this one isn’t really about me, but I’m so proud of him I had to sneak it in. The best part is that he has a personality and a sense of humor unlike most super geniuses!

14. I once ate guinea pig while on a mission trip to Ecuador...after I exchanged my bowl with David’s so I didn’t have to look at the claw.

15. I know a ton of song lyrics…unfortunately I know way more lyrics than bible verses. If only I had learned more to music!

16. I hate clowns. There is a back story and justification for this, but it’s too long to get into.

17. I have a huge fear of eating raw meat. Whenever I bite into a hamburger or chicken, I have to look and make sure it’s cooked through. If there isn’t enough light to see (i.e. we drive through a drive-thru at night) I’ll turn on a light to double-check.

18. I have really bad eyesight. I’m -6.5 in one eye and -5.75 in the other. I got glasses in 2nd grade and contacts in 7th. I’ve thought about lasik, but I’ve never really known life without corrective lenses, so it isn’t a big deal to me. As of right now, it’s not worth the money or the risk of something going wrong.

19. The older I get, the more of a homebody I become. I really don’t like being out more than two or three nights during the week. I also like a lot of alone time. Again, please refrain from the “enjoy it now” comments.

20. I’m wordy. I just realized how long this list is getting. Sorry, but I like to explain. I’d much rather over-communicate than under-communicate.

21. I love to travel and see new places with David. We’ve been on a ton of really amazing trips together and I’m so thankful we took time to do that before kids.

22. I am an anti-packrat. I take a trip to Goodwill about once every 4-6 weeks. Funny thing is, I’ve never missed anything I’ve donated or thrown out.

23. I really, really like gummy bears and gummy worms. In fact, I ate some today. I wish they had some nutritional value. Chocolate also tops my list of favorite foods.

24. I have just about every episode of Scrubs memorized. Especially now that I stay up watching reruns late at night when Baby Girl is kicking too much for me to sleep.

25. Without a doubt, I am fearfully and wonderfully made and undeservingly loved by a God who never ceases to put up with all my quirkiness.

2 comments:

  1. You know those super embarrassing moments that randomly pop in your mind and make you want to just die even if it happened years ago? One of mine is the night I served you and David that horrible fried chicken that was still raw on the inside!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'd totally forgotten about that! Please, put it out of your mind!

    ReplyDelete