25 Random Things About David

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A few days ago, I copied an old note from Facebook and posted a list of 25 random facts about myself. I couldn't leave David out of the fun, so below is a list I wrote about him:

1. He plays guitar and owns an acoustic, an electric, and a bass. Though he doesn’t play them often anymore, I cannot wait for him to serenade Baby Girl.

2. I’m convinced he could eat Mexican food three meals a day, seven days a week. And to him, Taco Bell totally counts as Mexican.

3. His first job was a bag-boy at Kroger. And I recently learned that he also used to fill-in in their meat department when they were short staffed. Kinda ironic given my raw meat phobia.

4. He now works as a Systems Engineer at the same company that his Dad has worked at for 30 years. I’m still trying to figure out what he does, but I know it has something to do with antennas and tracking satellites.

5. Growing up he played hockey, golf, and was on a bowling team for awhile. He still loves playing golf and rock climbing when he gets the chance.

6. Even though he doesn’t know a lot of lyrics, he likes most types of music, including country. Garth Brooks and Reba McEntire, however, drive him crazy.

7. He constantly has a song stuck in his head and hums or whistles it aloud. Strangely, “Moon River” and the theme from Sesame Street are very frequent in this repertoire.

8. His first car was a Nissan 240SX that was nicknamed “The Red Rocket.” It went through approximately a quart of oil a week.

9. The only pet he had growing up was a fish named Abraham. Every time it would die, as goldfish often do, his parents would replace it without telling him. I think he was probably up to Abraham V before they broke the news.

10. He has a shelf full of books that he has only read half-way through. The only books he finishes are mystery novels when he is traveling.

11. Our friends from high school call him “Sinyard” (since we hung out with another David a lot in Cobb), “Super Sexy”, and “Super Genius.” I think the last two are very appropriate. :)

12. He only has 24 teeth (most adults have 28) and two of those are baby teeth. He never got his wisdom teeth.

13. He can sleep pretty much anytime, anywhere. I think this comes from traveling a lot for work. Time zones and jet lag don’t really bother him all that much. I, on the other hand, take two weeks to get adjusted to Daylight Savings Time. This probably says a lot about our personalities, too.

14. Speaking of travel, he has been to Japan, Dubai, South Korea, California, Alaska, Colorado, New Mexico, Florida, and several other states for work in the past five years.

15. All of this travel has made him a Platinum Medallion Frequent Flier with Delta. However, he hasn’t actually traveled at all since he achieved this status.

16. He has Pi memorized to the 25th decimal place. He conquered this great feat in High School Algebra class because the teacher had a poster of it on the wall and he was bored.

17. He likes to hoard electronics and cables if there is even a tiny chance he’ll need them one day. This drives me crazy (see #22 on my list.)

18. He broke his arm when he was four from falling out of the bed. I suspect this is why he is such a bed-hog now – he has to sleep in the middle for fear of that happening again.

19. He is crazy, over-the-top, unbelievably smart. The most amazing part about this is that he’s also crazy, over-the-top, unbelievably humble about it.

20. Even though he is very intelligent, he has a hard time reading analog clocks or remembering left vs. right. I gave him a binary clock one Christmas that he could read faster than our wall clock.

21. He can’t roll his “R’s” but still made it through four semesters of Spanish.

22. He has worked with students at several different churches for the past 5+ years. During this time, he’s done a lot of crazy things for the sake of entertaining them. The best by far, however, was the time he made Jell-O in his pants.

23. Despite living in Georgia his entire life, he doesn’t have a very thick southern accent. Except when he gets around his extended family and then it really comes out.

24. He makes a mean grilled cheese sandwich and grills delicious hamburgers.

25. He is hands-down the most amazing husband a girl could ever ask for. He puts up with more from me than I can tolerate of myself and does so with amazing love, patience, and a sense of humor. We are a perfect match and I can hardly remember my life before him nor imagine my world without him. He is my very best friend and I love him more than he will ever, ever know.

1 comment:

  1. The laugh out loud one was #9. Amanda had goldfish named Areil and Charlie. Died-not shure how many times. The final straw...sent her dad to the store...came back with 5...yes 5...how am I going to explain that I asked...he said tell her they had babies! Loved them all. Too cute Heather!

    Linda Vercher

    ReplyDelete