Weekend Review

Monday, June 15, 2009

We had a wonderful weekend with friends and family. On Saturday we met up with my college roommate and her husband who were in town from Nashville for a wedding. They are also expecting their first baby (due December 26th!) She is 12 weeks, so even though we won't be pregnant together for long, it's still really cool that we get to share the experience.

After having brunch with them, we came home and went to our neighborhood pool for a little while. I can't hold my heat these days, which is probably a good thing considering I haven't been this pale since I was about five years old. We sought refuge in the AC for an afternoon nap and then went out for a few errands and dinner. We came home and made a delicious peanut butter pie that I actually did NOT devour in one sitting. I should get some credit for that kind of self-control this late in the game.

Yesterday we went to our nephew's dedication at my brother and sister-in-law's new church. It was a great service on parenting and it was so good to hear their Pastor unapologetically preach about what the Bible says on the subject. Carson did a great job hanging in there and I'm so glad we got to be a part of their special day.

Afterwards, we ate lunch with my family and had an early Father's Day celebration. We spent the afternoon hanging out and being entertained by Carson. (What DID we do before he came along?!) Right after we left their house I realized I left my purse at the church that morning. Nice. My sister-in-law had to call her friend who oversees women's ministry to meet us up there and let us in (thankfully she lives close by.) I was so embarrassed and mad at myself for forgetting it. I've been doing pretty good not succumbing to "pregnancy brain" but I guess I failed yesterday.

Other than that, the day was wonderful! It's hard to believe that the next time we see them Baby Girl will be here! Can't wait!

Erin and I...it's really not fair that she's not even showing in our pregnancy pic together!


Kevin, Jenny, and Carson at his dedication:


Grandpa and Carson hanging out:

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!