Thankful Thursday

Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's been a really nice week. I seemed to have finally struck a good balance between productivity and relaxation. I did a lot of errand running and final "stock-up" shopping (is it possible that I won't have to see the inside of a Wal-Mart for at least a month?!) I finished my heavy-duty spring cleaning, organized photo albums and home videos, and cleaned out/straightened the laundry room. But, I also squeezed in three social lunches and a few afternoon naps! Next week I'm definitely going to lean more towards relaxation than I have been (so please don't be offended if I turn you down for getting together!)

We've got a lot going on this weekend, but I'll save that for a later post. Until then, here is what I'm thankful for on this Thankful Thursday:

1. Making it to full-term pregnancy! On Tuesday I was 37 weeks, which is considered full-term. Praise God...and keep praying for a healthy baby and a smooth delivery!

2. Girl talk! I have learned so much from my girlfriends and family these past 9 months. There are some things that only women can understand (specifically those that have carried and delivered babies!) I have asked and heard some really personal stuff and the ladies in my life have risen to the occasion. I do not like surprises, so the more I know ahead of time, the better! And, as far as David is concerned, the more I can talk to females about this stuff, the less he has to hear! Although, there have been plenty of times I'll ask him "Did you know such and such?! Isn't that amazing/gross/crazy?!" He usually just nods politely.

3. My mom and mother-in-law. It's true you can't fully appreciate what your mom went through to bring you into the world until you go through it yourself. Obviously, I have so much more to experience in the mommyhood department, including labor and the whole parenting thing itself, but I am definitely thankful for what these ladies endured in pregnancy: Nine (actually, ten) months of nausea, heartburn, swollen hands and feet, exhaustion, weight gain, anxiety, being a human punching bag, emotional chaos, tiny bladder syndrome, etc. I hope they consider David and me worth it!

4. Photographs. As I've been catching up and organizing my photo albums this week, I've really enjoyed looking back at old pictures. It's wonderful to have the technology to capture important (or even trivial) moments in your life so you can reflect on them later. More importantly, I'm thankful for all of those amazing times. I can only imagine how many album pages will be filled in the coming years...

5. Chocolate milk. 'Nuff said.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!