Baby Registry Checklist

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Before we started this blog, I posted a note on Facebook about the Baby Registry Checklist that I'd created. I wanted to put it on here as well, in hopes that it will reach more people that can use it. I'd like to think that I'll update it after the baby arrives and we can add our thoughts, but to be honest, I probably won't! Nonetheless, it's a compilation of a lot of research that I think helped us tremendously! Read below for the original note and a link to the Google Doc:

In the process of preparing for Baby Girl Sinyard, I've been working on a baby registry checklist (yes, I'm a super-organized dork.) I wanted something more detailed than those generic things they hand you at Babies R Us. Over the past couple of weeks, I've surveyed more than 20 young moms and then incorporated their recommendations and advice into this list.

Feel free to use this or share it with any friends or family that are expecting. Obviously everyone is different and has to figure out what works best for them and their baby. This is just a starting point! My hope is that someone else out there other than me will be able benefit from my OCD.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg6s3f7v_0g7dshshs

Let me know if you have any questions about anything on the list! I can't answer from a mom's standpoint yet, but I may be able to make sense of my babblings!

1 comment:

  1. So true about about the side-to-side swing! Abby cries after 5 minutes in our swing at home, but apparently happily stay in the swing at church because it goes side-to-side.

    Also so true about blankets. Good Lord. I was the staff liaison for both the deacons (250) and the nurture team (150). I think just about every deacon's wife and every nurture team lady knitted Abby a blanket. Since probably none of them read your blog, I think it's probably okay to say that Goodwill is pretty stocked up right now.

    ReplyDelete