Thankful Thursday

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Did you see below?  TWO new posts since last week's TT post?  If not, be sure you check 'em out!


I know you must be sick of hearing about my pregnancy, because I sure am getting sick of being pregnant.  I have been pregnant since June.  Late June, but still...JUNE, people.  However, now I'm in that "done-with-being-pregnant-but-really-not-ready-for-labor-and-a-newborn" phase.  However, they're mutually exclusive.  SO, guess I'd better get ready. Everything I do these days I find myself mentally checking off how many more times I'll do it/whether it was the last time I'll do it before he arrives.  The last haircut, one more carwash, the last time packing food bags, three more small group sessions, the last dinner with those particular friends, two more trips to the bank, the last time I buy such-and-such...it's kind of a fun game that seems to help me mentally.  If there is help for me mentally at this point, that is.  


Updates/Prayer Requests:

  • I have my 36 week appointment tomorrow and will know how much, if any, "progress" has begun.  Please pray for a good word!
  • David's Grandmother is doing better, but still has a long road full of more doctor appointments and testing and developing a plan.  Please continue to pray for her and the family members who are trying to guide her.
  • After undergoing over two months of sleep regression issues (which are infinitely better, but still not back to 100%), the past few days have held potty training regression issues.  Audrey is still a far cry from what I would personally call potty trained because she never initiates...we just have to take her every hour or so.  She will hold it like crazy and would go 8-1o day stretches of never having an accident.  Lately, however, she's been wetting just a little 2-3 times a day and not telling us.  It's not a lot, but I know she can do better.  UGGG.  Please pray for her and us as we deal with that on top of whatever other issues are bound to crop up with her world shifting so much.
Here is this week's list:

1.  My women's Bible Study and our couples' small group starting back up.  After being on break since before Christmas, it is a much needed return!  Even if I'll only be there for 3 weeks and then have to take 3-4 weeks off, at least I'll be bringing them back an adorable mascot.

2.  Finding a good preschool for Audrey.  We chose one and secured her a spot there this past Tuesday.  Oy.  I had to go to Babies R Us immediately afterward to buy some things for Luke and help myself cope.  Still, I feel good about where she'll go and am excited for all of us about her beginning that new chapter come fall.  And, let's be honest, I am PUMPED about shopping for her school supplies.

3.  Quality sitters.  Be it grandparents, our favorite "Miss A", or a friend, it means the world to have someone you trust taking good care of your baby.

4.  Laundry.  There is only one time a woman looks forward to doing laundry:  just before a baby comes.  All those tiny new outfits, all that sweet smelling Dreft.  Ahhhhh.

5.  (Skipping song again.)  The full, bright moon tonight.  Gorgeous, no?  God is such a magnificent Artist.

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!  We have some fun things planned for Audrey to soak up our last days as a family of three, so pray we all stay well/sleep well/feel well and enjoy them!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!