Baby Shower for Luke

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Last Saturday my sisters-in-law threw me a baby shower for Luke.  It was so sweet and made me feel very special and celebrated.  The theme was woodland animals and it was adorable.  They had decorated with a clothes line of themed onesies, a beautiful blue and green banner with his name, an awesome diaper cake made by my mom, and a wish tree with handmade cards for people to write messages to Luke.  The food was decoration in and of itself (see pics) and tasted delicious!  There was fresh fruit, petit fours, cheese balls and crackers, trail mix, little "acorns", mini cocktail pigs in a blanket, and a cupcake pull-apart cake.  We visited, ate, played games (none concerning my weight or size of my belly, thank the Lord!), and then I got to open presents.  Luke got some really great things and I know years from now he'll be thankful he doesn't have a million baby pictures of him surrounded by pink toys, blankets, etc!  Before each guest left, they got a gorgeous hand-potted pansy or flowering kale in a mason jar.

Every detail was so thoughtful and creative and I greatly appreciate all of the hard work and love that went into it.  We also appreciate everyone that came out and all of the generous gifts!  Be sure to check out the gallery to see it all for yourself!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!