Thankful Thursday

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Prayer requests/praises/updates:  
  • David's Grandmother was checked into the hospital last Friday.  After testing, it's been determined that she had pneumonia brought on by congestive heart failure.  They have cleared up the pneumonia and sent her home to regain her strength so they can do tests on her heart and figure out a plan of action there.  Please pray for her and her kids as they figure out how best to handle everything.
  • Another good report at the doctor today!  I'll be 35 weeks on Saturday, which means:
  • 37 weeks (full term):  2 weeks away  38 weeks (doc’s prediction):  3 weeks away  39 weeks (when the doc will induce if he hasn't come):  4 weeks away
    Maybe they should, but right now those numbers aren't freaking me out at all.  As far as what's left that "has" to be done, I have to wash his clothes, install the car seat, and finish packing the hospital bag.  I know there is a strong possibility that I'm going to have a moment in another week or so where I stress about the window screens not being cleaned or the mattress not being vacuumed or the curtains not being dry cleaned like the first time around, but right now, I gotta confess:  I couldn't care less.  And frankly, with only 2 or 3 days this month where I don't have something going on, I just don't have the time.  
  • We are finally, finally getting over our colds.  AJ is still a little "green snotty" after nearly two weeks, so pray it completely clears soon and that we stay well!
  • Decent sleep seems to finally be reestablished for Audrey.  She doesn't cry or fuss at all when going to bed and only wakes up once per night very briefly about 50% of the time.  Naps aren't an issue, just shortened (1 hour and 30 or 45 minutes max.)  She still takes nearly 45 minutes to fall asleep at night, even though I have to wake her from her nap most days in an effort to curtail that, but it doesn't seem to bother her, so we're not worrying about it.  Just pray she sleeps through Luke's wakings when the time comes.  
And, finally, this week's list:

1.  An amazing baby shower last weekend.  My sweet sisters-in-law threw me one fine party and it was wonderful.  More details and pics to come soon.


2.  Warm temps and two trips to the park the last couple of days!  I gotta admit, I thought being this pregnant in February would mean not sweating, but no such luck.  Still, AJ and I have thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor breaks lately and I hope General Beauregard Lee was right today about a short winter.  Of course, if it's like this "winter", I'll take more of it!

3.  Naps.  Yup, I took two this week and they were glorious.  And, surprisingly, I slept better on the nights that I took naps.  Hmmm.  I honestly don't know what's gotten into me to be okay with chilling a little bit like that, but I know it's a good thing.

4.  This place:  http://www.inkfun.org/  Kind of a haul (45 minutes door to door for us), but really, really worth it.  Thanks, KT, for introducing us!

5.  Skipping a song this week because I'm too lazy to choose one and look it up.  So, my #5 is the amazing foot rub that my super awesome husband is about to give me.  Ahhhh.....  goodnight, all!  

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!