Thankful Thursday

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Updates and Prayer Requests:
  • David's grandmother is doing better and is off the oxygen.  She'll go see her heart doctor next week for tests/plan of action, so pray for that.
  • Audrey has been sick this week.  Again.  In the past six weeks, she's had a stomach bug and two colds, one that lasted nearly two weeks and both of which are accompanied by a terrible sounding cough.  She's on the mend now, but please pray that this will be it and she'll stay well.  We really need a healthy household and some good rest before Luke's arrival!  Operation "Living in a bubble" will begin after our mega play date this Tuesday.
  • AJ's potty training and sleep regression issues are both better.  
  • My insomnia is getting ridiculous.  I'm up for about 3 hours in the middle of the night most nights a week.  When I can sleep, it's interrupted by 3-4 trips to the bathroom or that will be the one or two nights a week Audrey still wakes up crying.  Please pray for rest!!!
This week's list...

1.  Being full-term.  This Saturday marks the 37th week of my pregnancy, meaning I will have reached full-term.  That could so easily be taken for granted, but when I stop and think about those struggling to conceive and the odds of miscarriage (approx. 15%), I praise God for that we've reached this point.  

2.  Friends.  This week, I've had multiple reminders of how blessed I am by the women friendships in my life.  One baked me "Hang in there" brownies (I refuse to admit how many are already gone), another has casseroles waiting to deliver to me for my freezer, and a third will be loaning me her bassinet for us to use downstairs for a few weeks.  I know these sweet ladies and others are praying and checking up on me continuously, and I am so very grateful.  

3.  Time with Audrey.  David and I declared last Saturday morning as special Audrey time.  We took her to the mall and let her make two bears at Build-a-Bear, one for herself and one to bring Luke in the hospital.  We also rode the merry-go-round, ate Chick-fil-A, threw pennies in the fountain, and got a cookie treat.  She was elated and we loved spoiling her a little bit.  Of course, as I told my Dad, if we really wanted to prepare her for what's about to happen, we should've just sat her in a corner and ignored her all weekend.  Oh well...she had a blast and so did we.  I know we'll cherish the time as one of our last "family of three" memories.

4.  Pez dispensers and the joy they bring.  We got Audrey one for Valentine's Day and she loves it!  It may well be the reason potty training has gone better this week.  Sometimes it's the little things.

5.  A pre-baby to-do list that fits on one page.  Most of the major, major stuff (car seat installation, packing my hospital bag) is completed, but what's left are about 12 things that fall into the "it would be nice, but it isn't critical" category.  That feels good.  It will feel even better to knock them out, so pray for a productive (but restful) weekend!  I need one more week and then I need a baby in my arms, so join me in naming and claiming it, y'all!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!